Does anyone trade Grains through IB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone trade Grains through IB?

My automated stategies don't work when trading the grains with Interactive brokers. It fills the order correctly, but then the stop order is cancelled because it creates an order outside the range of the price. Example, order filled at 892.75, but stop order is created at 11.00 which is outside the range of soybean pricing. Has anyone run into a problem like this? It looks like the problem is caused because the average price shows up as 8.9275. and it should be 892.75.

I'm having a similar problem with corn, wheat, and soybean trades, using an ATM strategy on ChartTrader linked to an IB account.

If I use this strategy in the Sim101 account the ATM works as desired, marking the entry price and entering both stop and target orders. When the trade is closed the executions properly plot the triangular markers.

If I switch to the IB Account to make a live trade it's a completely different result:
    • Order entry on the chart works fine.
    • When the opening trade executes (and it DOES execute), there's an immediate error message to the effect that stop orders cannot be entered at a price < 0.
    • Both the stop and target orders of the ATM are instantly cancelled, leaving only an unprotected, open position.
    • When the trade is closed (by an independent order, not the ATM), there are no markers on the chart. (Well, actually there are markers, but they're down around 0 price.)
    • These problems occur on all three grain contracts, but this ATM works fine for the S&P e-mini.
    • I've tried moving the symbol to a new chart, and the problem remains.
    So, what am I doing wrong?

FWIW, the Instrument Manager entries for these three contracts seem suspect:
    • Corn is listed as on the ECbot exchange, while Wheat and Soybeans are listed as Globex. I don't think I've made these elections, but it seems odd they're not consistent.
    • The IB symbol is shown as (in the case of corn) ZC|ECBOT . The others are similar. IB indeed does still show these contracts as ECBOT.
    • The Sim feed start prices (3224.00 for Corn, and 5205.00 for Wheat) -- and, again, I didn't enter these -- seem far from reality. Both the charts and IB TWS correctly show current prices of 395.0 for March 09 Corn, and 540.0 for March 09 Wheat.
    • Oddly, the Sim feed start of 900.00 for Soybeans looks pretty close to the current 858.0 for Jan 09 soybeans.
    I thank any and all in advance for suggestions you might offer.

Regards.

dwt__

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

Can you both send in your trace and log files?

Go to Help --> Mail to Support. Include the time of the trade so we can easily see when it occured.

We will investigate this further.

Thank you!
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you both send in your trace and log files?
        I'd love to, but there's no e-mail software on my trading PC. How do I find and copy these files so I can e-mail them to you?

Thanks for the prompt response.

dwt__

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses