historical tick & volume data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical tick & volume data

I am using NT-7 with zenfire. The `saved chart data as historical` option is checked.

As long as I have the instrument I need tick data for in my instrument manager will tick & volume by tick data automatically be stored?

Is tick and volume by tick data stored if I have a 5min chart up or does it need to be a tick chart specifically?

Can NT-7 store an unlimited amount of zenfire tick data as historical? Will the stored zenfire tick data remain exactly as received even when looking back months or years later?

I just upgraded to NT-7 a few days ago. I immediately received the past few months minute data for all markets I watch but not all the tick data. For exact historical tick & tick volume data for the past few months or longer what is the best recommended option?

Thank you for helping.

Hello smeagol,

We recommend to uncheck this option, since Zen-Fire provides real-time and historical data.

A minute chart will only save minute data - you would need to have a tick based chart opened. Volume data is created by tick data.

You can store tick data as long you have space on your PC to save it. There will not be any changes in the tick data once stored.

You should be able to receive historical tick data when connected to Zen-Fire as well. I suggest to right click the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' - check if all requested tick data is loaded.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

you`re saying the tick data will still be saved automatically even if I uncheck `save chart data as historical`?

Comment

Correct, as soon as you create a chart that loads historical tick data, it will be automatically saved in the database.

Comment

Fin-Alg`s TPO volume profile has a setting where it can use 1-tick data (CPU intensive) for an accurate volume histogram.

Is this chart sufficient for collecting tick data because at the top left of the chart itself it still says `1-min` but it seems to be tick data only.

Comment

I am not sure if the 3rd party add-on will save historical tick data. I suggest to check the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab if it will save historical tick data.

If not, you can always download historical tick data via the Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab as well.

Comment

Thanks you very much Jayson. Responded so quickly and completely solved these issues. Have a good one.

Comment

You are welcome, have a great weekend as well.

Comment

sry, wrong thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Christopher_R  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM