Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM - Market Orders

Hello,

Whenever I click above the market bid price, a order is automatically entered in as a market order and fills me (which is completely normal and makes sense as it is a Ladder). Is there anyway I can turn this off? So when I click above the market bid price, it doesnt automatically put in a Market order? The only way I want to be able to put in a market order, is by clicking the market button on the bottom of the ladder.

The only reason I ask, is because I recently switched over from TTx to Ninjatrader and I had this set up for my TTx.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    TK

Hello tomkarrog,

Thank you for your post.

One option would be to select the option to confirm order placement. This would provide an intermediate step before the order was sent.To do this, go to Tools > Options > "General” tab.

You will want to check the box beside “Confirm Order Placement”.
    (see screenshot)

Since you are placing a Limit order to buy above the current market and/or a Limit sell order below the current market, these Limit orders would be filled immediately. If you are looking to place an order to be filled once a certain price is reached (above or below the current market), then you will want to use either a Stop Market or Stop Limit.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a problem with this feature as well. The dom that I currently use is designed such that limit orders are placed on the ladder below the market bid (or above market ask). When you place an order above the market bid (or below market ask), it places a STOP which is much more forgiving if it is a mistake. Mistakenly putting in a limit order below market ask is easily corrected.

If this feature will always be there, is it possible to remap the mouse such that stop orders left mouse button and limit orders are some other more purposefull key agangement?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TangoCharlie View Post
        I have a problem with this feature as well. The dom that I currently use is designed such that limit orders are placed on the ladder below the market bid (or above market ask). When you place an order above the market bid (or below market ask), it places a STOP which is much more forgiving if it is a mistake. Mistakenly putting in a limit order below market ask is easily corrected.

If this feature will always be there, is it possible to remap the mouse such that stop orders left mouse button and limit orders are some other more purposefull key agangement?

Thanks.
        Unfortunately this option is not available at this time however I will forward your note to our development team for future considerations.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post loganjarosz123  
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes