Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net change

I have NT-7.

The net change in market analyzer from a previous session is not the net since the prior RTH close. It`s usually reasonably close but still off. How is this being calculated? I tried different time settings within market analyzer properties but changing the `session template` does nothing. Please advise.

Hi smeagol,

Thank you for your post.

There have been no changes to how NetChange is calculated.

Please let me know which instrument(s) you're looking at, what figures you're seeing and what figures you're expecting to see.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ES, TF & CL

With ThinkorSwim the net change is always the difference between prior RTH close and current price. It seems Market Analyzer does not calculate the same way. The differences are usually small, a few ticks or so but not the net change from prior RTH close to current price.

Comment

Hi smeagol,

This is exactly how NetChange is calculated within NinjaTrader 7 as well.

Please let me know what figures you're seeing and what figures you're expecting to see for the instruments you mentioned.

Keep in mind that there will be some differences between data providers - due to this, there is no guarantee that NetChange between NT and ToS will match.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Market Analyzer

The market analyzer is not a crystal ball that will magically give you a list of stocks that are guaranteed to go up the next day. The reason we use this or any other search mechanism is that there are over 3500 stocks on the ASX. It is physically impossible to eyeball all or even a fraction of these each night. The purpose of the analyzer is to generate a list of stocks that have made interesting chart patterns or meet certain criteria. The analyzer is there to generate a list of stocks that merit further research or closer monitoring.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin  
          Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JonesJoker