Collapse

No data on volume or tick charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no you never want error, however if you understand what you are doing, and have the functionality there if you need it then I don't see the issue. If you refer to my post, you will see that my minimum bar would be something around 24000, so +- 100 would not be that much of an issue to me, you would simply include the data for that last minute bar in either the current or next volume bar. It would do little to effect the resulting chart then I believe.

I think the above is much better than nothing appearing when you have no tick data.

A good analogy is in MT4, where they offer 3 ways of backtesting, based on ticks, control points, etc.

I'm not debating that using tick data would be better, however even the amount of data required for tick charts going back say 6 years for the kind of testing i'm doing is large. Couple this with the inaccuracies in the tick data from various suppliers, and I think you will find my solution using 1 minute CQG data will work out very accurate for the type of testing I'm doing.

This issue still is the functionality isn't there for people to base volume charts on anything other that tick data which I think is an oversight.

appreciate comments from users AND NT staff

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    1 response