Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitches in ninja trader?

Hello,

I use an automated strategy and I can use it manually as well, of course. The strategy consists of going in at the low of a retracement. This problem I am having is a little strange and hard to explain but here goes.

I was trying to enter a trade at 611.7 on the Russell. It was a market order. The entry of mine says 612.9, a huge 12 tick difference in price. This was not during news or anything, so I do not understand the huge "spread", plus, this is a DEMO account.

Not only that, the candle I entered is nowhere CLOSE to 612.9. If you look at the attached picture, it did not hit 612.9 until the next candle, roughly 5 minutes after my entry.

Lastly, I reloaded my chart just one minute later, refreshing my data. My candles were totally different, and that is a big deal to me. My entries are pretty exact: and I enter only on candle that open above my moving entry. Well on the chart I took the trade my candle DID open above it, but when I refreshed, it showed that it was opened BELOW my Moving average (look at pics). What? Does this have something to do with it being a range chart or something? And why is my entry just floating in space (look at pics)?

Attached in this thread is the two pictures.

ALSO: I used an ATM strategy that if I am +5 in profit, my Stop Loss is moved to break even +1 . . . . But my exit says negative five in the pictures, and that was never touched either. As you can see, that SL is floating in space as well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nillie; 08-22-2010, 05:36 PM. Reason: Add another point

Nillie, can you please post your log and trace files from this occurrence? They can help us figure out exactly what is going on. We'll also need your strategy as well in order to see what else could be happening.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes