Flushing the historical cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushing the historical cache

How does one go about flushing or clearing the historical quote cache? Can this be done by instrument or is it a global operation?

Thank you

Hi,

Please reload fresh data on top over your existing data.
    You can do this by going to Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

I was not connected to my data source originally so that option was not available.

Comment

Reload Greyed Out

I had an internet dropout and when I was finally reconnected and restarted Ninja, the tick data had a gap since the lost connection. I attempted to clear the cache with 'Reload' of historical data, but this option is greyed out. I am connected to ZenFire and I've tried connecting and disconnecting but it makes no difference. Why would this option be greyed out and how can I enable it to sort out my gap in data?

Comment

Are you using a paid live trading license key or a free simulation license key? A free simulation license key starts with "@" in front of it. You can check via Help > License Key.

- If it has @SIM as the prefix, then you do not have access to historical data while connected to Zen Fire which is why the option is grayed out.

- If its a live license key, please try to restart and reconnect. Once connected, is it still grayed out? If yes, please check your log tab to see if there is a message saying that NT could not connect to a historical data server
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Ray. It is a paid for License.

I checked the log and it does appear to have an entry for NinjaTrader Data server...

(Yellow Highlight) Default Cataegory
            Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established because connected host has failed to respond.

Does this shed any light?

Comment

Yes, that is the problem. NT is unable to connect to the data servers. I checked and the servers are operational. This points to a likely issue with your ISP. Please try rebooting your PC and possibly even rebooting your network DSL/Cable modem and router.

Then try and connect again. If it connects to the historical data sever you will not see the error message pasted in and you will be able to reload data if required.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I shall reboot everthing. It may be related to ISP with the earlier loss. I will update if I have any more problems with this. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888