• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Difference between > and CrossOver relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between > and CrossOver relationship

In another trading scripting language I’m familiar with in the matter of using 2 moving averages to guide buying and selling decisions it is necessary, in order to have a clear cut signal for the buy and sell actions to not only have a condition of one MA greater than (>) another but also to look back 1 period to determine that the opposite condition – that is, that that MA was less than or equal to (<=) the other MA - was present.

What bothers me is that I believe the NT tutorial video, if I recall correctly, was only showing the development of the above strategy using only the simple > and < relationships.

So my questions then are:
    1. If I am correct that a second conditional applying the (<=) is necessary for buy and sell to be applied accurately, why did that tutorial seem to confine itself to using only the simple (>) and (<) relationships
    2. Is the Crossover and Crossunder relationship actually applying within its programming the one period look back condition?
    3. What are the differences among the greater than (>) and CrossOver and the less than (<) and CrossAbove?

I hope I’ve expressed this accurately enough to show my meaning.

rsuess1, it all depends on what you're trying to express, the tutorial is just giving you a basic as simple as possible scenario as a building block to start from.

Yes, the CrossAbove and CrossBelow both have a lookback period input over which to determine the signal.

For example 'Greater than' just checks for a value to be greater than another, it does not include a check on previous bars as the CrossAbove would do.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by aslane, Today, 02:31 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aslane
    by aslane

Started by stoner, 10-16-2019, 01:38 PM
    5 responses