Difference between > and CrossOver relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between > and CrossOver relationship

In another trading scripting language I’m familiar with in the matter of using 2 moving averages to guide buying and selling decisions it is necessary, in order to have a clear cut signal for the buy and sell actions to not only have a condition of one MA greater than (>) another but also to look back 1 period to determine that the opposite condition – that is, that that MA was less than or equal to (<=) the other MA - was present.

What bothers me is that I believe the NT tutorial video, if I recall correctly, was only showing the development of the above strategy using only the simple > and < relationships.

So my questions then are:
    1. If I am correct that a second conditional applying the (<=) is necessary for buy and sell to be applied accurately, why did that tutorial seem to confine itself to using only the simple (>) and (<) relationships
    2. Is the Crossover and Crossunder relationship actually applying within its programming the one period look back condition?
    3. What are the differences among the greater than (>) and CrossOver and the less than (<) and CrossAbove?

I hope I’ve expressed this accurately enough to show my meaning.

rsuess1, it all depends on what you're trying to express, the tutorial is just giving you a basic as simple as possible scenario as a building block to start from.

Yes, the CrossAbove and CrossBelow both have a lookback period input over which to determine the signal.

For example 'Greater than' just checks for a value to be greater than another, it does not include a check on previous bars as the CrossAbove would do.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes