Collapse

chart drawing error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason, the trace and log files are attached to first posts in this thread. Just check attachments in this thread, you will find them. Thanks.

Comment

I am aware, however we want your new updated log and trace files.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will send them later, currently I have no access to those computers where that might be.

Comment

Ok sounds good, I will wait for you to send the files.

Comment

Hello nicknamed,

We noticed you only have 2 GB RAM available on your machine. We recommend to either run NinjaTrader 7 in 32 bit or increase the amount of RAM on your machine to avoid the crash you experience.

Comment

I will try that 32bit version, but I guess that is not the issue as I am using also other computers (2) with 4GB RAM and they experienced the same issue, also, when that happened on that 2GB RAM machine, the memory was used by whole system processes only up to 60 %.

Comment

32bit version does the same

32bit version did not help, you can see that from the attached screenshot. Please notice also memory usage which is rather small, and while total physical memory is 2 GB RAM - computer uses 53% - NT takes only small part of that.
                this script version was little bit different, it was logging all trades into separate csv (with what NT often struggles too) as the results from NT are not often assessable (as in this case).
                N.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by nicknamed; 09-20-2010, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Hello nicknamed,

Likely, some other OS resources are exhausted and subsequently cause the crash.

I suggest not to leave Strategy Analyzer results opened to avoid it from recurring. You can save your results by clicking the disk icon in the upper left corner of the Strategy Analyzer.

Comment

Maybe yes, but I have no idea what that "other resources" could be (the computers are new ones and quite fast for simple testing of our systems), that is why we are trying to log all trades even during optimization as we evaluate them with our own analysing tools. That windows was opened in order to run the optimization, if I would close it, optimization would end....and yes,sorry for beta13, but it did the same thing on beta21, and beta20, I just sent the first occurrence I saw this morning and it was beta13. We still use beta 13 on some computers as for market replay data testing it is still the newest stable version of NT7 (based on our experience). For backtesting, optimizations and trading we use beta21.
                    I only wanted you to know that 32bit version did not help to solve this problem, nor the memory usage is the problem here. Probably it is the .NET version, but I doubt that as I eperienced this on a different computer (Intel EP45 with [email protected] platform), different Win7 version and it happened too. Probably the problem lies somewhere in the script math (which cannot be changed as then we could not test and trade it).

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Are you perhaps willing to share the strategy you optimize?
                      I see, thank you for your co-operation so far. Please let us know when you see a pattern as you mention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                      172 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sidlercom80  
                      Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Irukandji