Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nicknamed,

Please try this:

In the Programs and Features menu, press the 'Turn Windows Features on or off' button.

In the Windows Features menu, un-check Microsoft .NET 3.5.1, then click OK.
    It should then be possible to install .NET 3.5.
    Attached Files
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle,
      unfortunately this way it also cannot be done as if I turn the service off, restart PC, the installation starts but end very soon as it has to tell me that installation or deinstallation has to be done through that windows where I turned it off. I cannot send screenshot as it is in Czech language.
      N.

Comment

Hello nicknamed,

I suggest to follow the instructions listed at the link below to repair .NET 3.5 on Windows 7.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This did not find any problems and the problem with .net still appears when drawing graph after few optimizations while those windows are still open. I reinstalled to beta21, this also did not solve the problem.

Comment

nicknamed, thanks for the update. I will have Jason get back to you when he gets in on Monday.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello nicknamed,

Could you please check if the crash occurs on a different machine if possible. This would allow better insight of the issue instead of suggesting to uninstall/re-install the operating system. .NET Framework is part of the operating system on your end.

Comment

well, yes, it happens on the same computers, but I did the install from an image (the PCs harware is perfectly the same), so the installation is the same on all computers. I just am not sure what part of .NET may be corrupted if the check command you recommended me to run did not show any problems. and it was clean install, there is few programs on those computers as they serve only NT testing purposes - in fact on clean install of Win 7 Ultimate 64bit I installed things like total commander, java, TWS of IB, NT7, and thats it, there isn''t even an antivirus.

Comment

Unfortunately, in that case we will need to have a reproducible scenario in order to trouble shoot the issue.

Please let me know what steps will cause the crash consistently.

Comment

Then I am not sure if I can be of any help as it happens as I said before, in about 20 % cases when several longer lasting optimizations occured (like 2-3 of 10-20 hour lasting optimizations) and windows with results were still open, then it comes suddenly and randomly, you click on something, or just another day even if I did nothing on that PC. When I see a pattern, I will definitely let you know. Thanx for all the time spent on this.

Comment

I see, thank you for your co-operation so far. Please let us know when you see a pattern as you mention.

Comment

Are you perhaps willing to share the strategy you optimize?

Comment

I know it might help, but I cannot do that as it is based on original math I created.

Comment

What I suggest at this point in time then is perhaps try stripping away any of your proprietary math and replace it with simple functions and see if you can still reproduce the issue with such a strategy. Basically simplify it down to see if still reproducible. If after simplifying it is not reproducible anymore that would strongly suggest that the issue was with the original logic that was stripped out and that area needs examining.

Development has also mentioned that perhaps your computer may be running out of resources from such multiple optimization runs. Perhaps you could watch out for your memory usage in these tests? Is there any correlation with when you start running into issues and how much free memory is available?
                            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not sure if the math caused it, it is not that complicated, it is quite simple, just quite original as I have not seen among thousands of various indicators I have seen in last 7 years nothing like this if not considering much more complicated functions in Matlab.

I don't know, maybe it is complicated, but NT should not react that it will experience serious problem and will hang. It just should slow down significantly...There is no correlation between memory and it was not full, it did even with 60 % of usage. As I said, if I see any pattern, I will let you know. If you have no idea about that and nobody else reported that, then problem is on my side and I will handle it eventually as many other issues and hurdles I had to go through.

Thanks for your efforts, I guess I took today plenty of time of many members of NT support team. I am just happy that it works as it should and that I go live tomorrow.

Comment

Hello nicknamed,

Could you please send us all your log and trace files. Please go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support to send the files.

Make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread in the content of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes