X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dorramide7
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
    Are you perhaps willing to share the strategy you optimize?
    I see, thank you for your co-operation so far. Please let us know when you see a pattern as you mention.

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    Maybe yes, but I have no idea what that "other resources" could be (the computers are new ones and quite fast for simple testing of our systems), that is why we are trying to log all trades even during optimization as we evaluate them with our own analysing tools. That windows was opened in order to run the optimization, if I would close it, optimization would end....and yes,sorry for beta13, but it did the same thing on beta21, and beta20, I just sent the first occurrence I saw this morning and it was beta13. We still use beta 13 on some computers as for market replay data testing it is still the newest stable version of NT7 (based on our experience). For backtesting, optimizations and trading we use beta21.
    I only wanted you to know that 32bit version did not help to solve this problem, nor the memory usage is the problem here. Probably it is the .NET version, but I doubt that as I eperienced this on a different computer (Intel EP45 with [email protected] platform), different Win7 version and it happened too. Probably the problem lies somewhere in the script math (which cannot be changed as then we could not test and trade it).

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello nicknamed,

Likely, some other OS resources are exhausted and subsequently cause the crash.

I suggest not to leave Strategy Analyzer results opened to avoid it from recurring. You can save your results by clicking the disk icon in the upper left corner of the Strategy Analyzer.

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    32bit version does the same

32bit version did not help, you can see that from the attached screenshot. Please notice also memory usage which is rather small, and while total physical memory is 2 GB RAM - computer uses 53% - NT takes only small part of that.
    this script version was little bit different, it was logging all trades into separate csv (with what NT often struggles too) as the results from NT are not often assessable (as in this case).
    N.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicknamed; 09-20-2010, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    I will try that 32bit version, but I guess that is not the issue as I am using also other computers (2) with 4GB RAM and they experienced the same issue, also, when that happened on that 2GB RAM machine, the memory was used by whole system processes only up to 60 %.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello nicknamed,

We noticed you only have 2 GB RAM available on your machine. We recommend to either run NinjaTrader 7 in 32 bit or increase the amount of RAM on your machine to avoid the crash you experience.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Ok sounds good, I will wait for you to send the files.

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    I will send them later, currently I have no access to those computers where that might be.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    I am aware, however we want your new updated log and trace files.

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    Jason, the trace and log files are attached to first posts in this thread. Just check attachments in this thread, you will find them. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello nicknamed,

Could you please send us all your log and trace files. Please go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support to send the files.

Make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread in the content of the email.

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    I am not sure if the math caused it, it is not that complicated, it is quite simple, just quite original as I have not seen among thousands of various indicators I have seen in last 7 years nothing like this if not considering much more complicated functions in Matlab.

I don't know, maybe it is complicated, but NT should not react that it will experience serious problem and will hang. It just should slow down significantly...There is no correlation between memory and it was not full, it did even with 60 % of usage. As I said, if I see any pattern, I will let you know. If you have no idea about that and nobody else reported that, then problem is on my side and I will handle it eventually as many other issues and hurdles I had to go through.

Thanks for your efforts, I guess I took today plenty of time of many members of NT support team. I am just happy that it works as it should and that I go live tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    What I suggest at this point in time then is perhaps try stripping away any of your proprietary math and replace it with simple functions and see if you can still reproduce the issue with such a strategy. Basically simplify it down to see if still reproducible. If after simplifying it is not reproducible anymore that would strongly suggest that the issue was with the original logic that was stripped out and that area needs examining.

Development has also mentioned that perhaps your computer may be running out of resources from such multiple optimization runs. Perhaps you could watch out for your memory usage in these tests? Is there any correlation with when you start running into issues and how much free memory is available?

Leave a comment:

• nicknamed
    replied
    I know it might help, but I cannot do that as it is based on original math I created.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Are you perhaps willing to share the strategy you optimize?

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post usazencort  
Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
5 responses
0 likes