Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZB 09-09 drawing error

Hi,
    can you please try to replicate this error? I just downloaded the data and tried on two computers and I can see this problem. You can also see about the same period from backtested data from IQFeed, does not matter whether days do not fir perfectly, it looked all the same.....that one with comparison from from replay, other are from replay data, but I did move with the scrollbar to specific dates.
    Thank you
    N.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicknamed; 08-24-2010, 11:54 AM. Reason: adding images

Hi nicknamed,

Thank you for your post.

On the Market Replay Recorder bar can you please right click and then select Available Instruments. Once you see the instruments please verify that for the ZB instrument for those dates from 2009 that you have access to that same replay data that would be available as historical data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not sure if I understand, if I right click on the chart or the bar to see instruments I see only FDAX 06-10 which is the only asset in default list. I do not have ZB 09-09 in a minute data directory (or any other than data for replay), only in minute\ZB ##-## format for backtesting.

Comment

Hi nicknamed,

When connected to Market Replay please right click on the playback bar where you begin to display recorded data you will see Available Instruments and it will show you which instruments are available, as well as the times they are available.

I also notice that you are viewing data in your screenshots from times in 2009 ranging from July to September, and if you were to view the same time frame in 2010 if you see the same issue.

Comment

wow, I just learned new thing, unfortunately the window cannot be maximized, but believe me, those dates are perfect, not a single date is missing between them, we have automatic downloader we made for our purposes. do not worry, we do not plan to distribute it.

when I move the scrollbar further up to nowadays I see nothing, empty windows, I tried to move it like 10x or so and saw only empty windows....and yes, if I change to other timeframe, say 30M, then I see also empty windows
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi nicknamed,

Regarding the data can you please also check the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and please let us know what is listed in that folder. There should be folders that have the date for which data is present in that folder. Please let me know what dates are listed in there, and if they correspond to the dates you are viewing on your chart.

Comment

yes they do correspond, please check that with the list of all files from that directory obtain with an old dos command "dir > list.txt /s", just open it and see the ascii file.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi nicknamed,

Can you please clarify if you are downloading the data from your IQFeed connection, and if you were to manually download the data by using the File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data are you able to view the data for the day you download.

Comment

I have problem with market replay data and those cannot be downloaded from other sources than from your servers as far as I know.

I download from IQ Feed only historical minute data (here ZB ##-##). Yes, I downloaded ZB different contract months replay data as you indicated with the use of Autoit script from your own servers together with other market replay data.

You have the perfect directory list, so you can compare sizes of those files with your original ones on your servers if they are the same.

I just do not understand this "...are you able to view the data for the day you download." you mean in a chart? you can see that I cannot see it correctly.or if I can access/open the file on see it in say in notepad? yes, I use notepad++ and I just tried that.

Comment

Hi,

On the chart for the ZB can you please right click and then check the session template by right clicking in the chart and then select Data Series. In there set the ZB chart to Default 24/7 and then see if you are able to chart the data.

Comment

no, I cannot see it correctly.
                      Attached Files

Comment

nicknamed,

Please follow up with us via email on this issue as well.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Javierw.ok  
                        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes