Sim orders that were never placed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim orders that were never placed

I'm attaching my control center that shows a number of TF orders all supposedly placed at 12:45 PT that did not happen. The last order I placed in sim was the YM sell. I'm not sure why these are showing up here, as they don't show up anywhere else.

Also, my SuperDom for sim is showing -4094, when earlier it was only -3700. Yesterday something similar happened with my real account. At the end of day it showed -90, which was accurate but then went to -40 and then to -30, for some inexplicable reason. What would be causing this?
    Attached Files

Hi shali27,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please forward your log and trace files for today's date to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that we can review those orders. Additionally, when sending that email please reference this forum post.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So, I was messing around in afterhours yesterday and was down like $4k, as discussed above. When I came on today, the PNL in my SuperDom was $0. I did some sim trading and was up around $400. Now, for no apparent reason, the amount is being carried over from yesterday's trading, and I'm showing a loss of around $3500. I've never had these kinds of problems before. And, as stated yesterday, it was also giving erroneous info as to my actual PNL for the day.

I'm also missing data on some of my futures charts from 11:15 to 16:00 PT.

Comment

Also, I repaired the database. Don't know if this would cause this or not. I've never had the SuperDom carry over PNL from a prior day.

Comment

It's only doing this in sim. Even though I had an $80 loss today in my real account, this does not show up. I'm assuming it resets at 4pm CT?

Comment

Hi shali27,

You would need to double check with your broker to find out what time your daily realized PnL would reset, but if this occurs at 4 PM each day, it could be the case.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, so yesterday, I carried over a loss of around $4k from the previous night, which shifted inexplicably. Today, I showed in my sim trading a starting balance of $0, which is as it should be. I then made around $400 sim. I closed NT out. When I reopened, or at some point, it is now calculating the previous day's loss, and I'm showing -3500. It has NEVER done this before. Since it's only sim, it's not a really big deal, but it still bothers me a bit as I need my software to be working perfectly.

It was also weird that my real PNL for the other day went from -90(the correct amt.) to -40 to -30 on the same day. This is what showed on SuperDom, not in my account balance on the control center.

Comment

shali27,

Just curious - are you restarting NinjaTrader each day?

Comment

Yes, I never let the computer run overnight. I always close it out and then restart it the next morning.

Comment

shali27,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Did you contact Ryan via email as per Post # 2?

Comment

I sent him the log, but I still have no explanation for the weird discrepancies in the PNL on the SuperDom.

Comment

shali27,

Please reply to the email string you and Ryan already have going with your most current trace file.

You'll find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 / 7 > Trace folder.
                        Today's trace file will be named 'trace.20100825.txt'.

Comment

Ok, forget about the previous posts. Let's just start here. When I opened my NT this morning, SuperDom showed a balance of $0 on both sim and actual acct., as it should be, as it always is. I did some paper trading and made about $400. I closed out the program. When I re-opened the program, it is now factoring in the loss from yesterday, or rather, the night before last. Whatever. IT HAS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. I just re-opened the program again, and there it is. It should be showing a profit of about $400 and this is what it looks like.
                          Attached Files

Comment

shali27,

Please provide the requested file and we'll move forward from there.

Comment

It just occurred to me that this is the first time I've sim traded in after hours. Could that have anything to do with it?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CactusMan  
                              Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post giulyko00