Sim orders that were never placed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shali27,

Thanks for providing those files to me via email.

Per the after hours trading, how late are we talking about?

Also, please open the Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > DB folder, right click on the file named 'NinjaTrader' and select Properties.

What size is the file reported to be?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did some paper trading the night before last. I'm not sure the actual hours. I probably stopped before midnight my time. The horrendous paper loss I incurred showed up the next day on the SuperDom. Not a big deal. I know my broker resets everything at mkt close 3:10 CT.... And today, as expected, it was no longer showing, as it was a new day. Then it reappeared, apparently, when I re-opened the program.

Since it's only paper, it's really not a big deal. And I'm not gonna keep jumping through hoops here to try to figure this out. It just doesn't seem right. It shouldn't matter what time it was. Today, was a new day. It started at $0, and then, unexpectedly, the old loss showed up again.

I also found it odd that the SuperDom kept changing my ACTUAL loss the other day. As I said from -90 to -40 to-30. That doesn't make any sense. It's just weird. When stuff starts to go wrong with my software it concerns me.... because, eventually, there could be some real consequences. So far, these issues are inconsequential. So, if there isn't an easy explanation, I really don't want to keep going over and over it.

Comment

I have two files in there. There's NinjaTrader.mdb and that is 116 MB. And there is also NinjaTrader.Old.mdb and that one is 113 MB.

Comment

The "old" one was created August 23. The other one was created February 9. I'm assuming that was when I initially installed the program.

Comment

Hi shali27,

The two different databases would indicate first when installed, and when renamed. One thing you can do since the trades are showing from previous attempts is go to Tools-->Options-->Simulation-->Reset to clear your simulated trades.

Then please sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh  
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            10 responses
            0 likes