RTH ETH swhotching between Day of 24/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTH ETH swhotching between Day of 24/7

I know when you originally set up a chart you can choose extended horus or trading day but once set up how can you witch between - If I am looking at futures S&P ES as example sometimes I want to swith to only market horus instead of 24/7 and I do nto see a way to switch,

Nor do I see how to edit my chart template - instead I have to edit one of the charts and make a template.

So If I have a chart all how I want it but need to view 24/7 do I have to start all over again ?

Thanks

using ninja 7

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

This is not needed. TO switch between RTH and ETH / 24 hours of data you can do this by right clicking on the chart and then selecting Data Series and then changing the Session template to Default 24/7.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks a lot for your quick reply - I had not found it as the term template is also used for charts - anyway now I know. IN the Data Series window how do I delete the old futures symbols - when I click on them the Remove button greys out. And how to add more?

It used to be that on a chart if you wanted to look at another stock you could use the top left drop down list and it had a place to type in a symbol - now all that is there is the old list of expired futures, Thanks as I did not find this in the manual.

Comment

Webber,

Thanks for your forum post.

To change these you will need to goto Control Center->Tools->Instrument Manager. Then use the following instructions to remove and add to the default list:

Also, to change instruments no in NinjaTrader 7 you select the chart and then just start typing the instrument on your keyboard.

To get to the ES type in ES 09-10 then hit the enter key on your keyboard to change the chart. Type aapl for the apple stock for example.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
        19 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by ZeroKuhl, Yesterday, 04:31 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZeroKuhl