Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Positions

Hello -
    Full Disclosure - I am just getting started with automated trading and the Strategy Wizard. Using the strategy wizard I created a buy program. When watching the charts, I see the charts labeled correctly where the buys are supposed to occur. However when I look at my positions or executions, there is nothing there. Also, the strategy is getting me in the trade correctly, but is not following my profit targets or stops (I'm ok with that and will figure that out later but thought it may help).

Thanks for your help,

Adam
    Attached Files

Adam,

Are you looking at historical trades? When you run a strategy historical trades will be shown, but these trades are not "real" trades and as such will not show in positions or executions tabs of the Control Center.

For the profit targets/stops please see if there are any messages in the Control Center logs related to them maybe being rejected.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, I did see the historical trades when I started the system this morning, but I've had the chart up all day and watched as the new trades took place on the chart. The last thing on my log is when I enabled the strategy, but does not show any of the executions the chart is showing.

Comment

yeltraba,

Please attach your log/trace files. Thank you.

Comment

Well, I see it closed the trades at the close. I thought this option was only for if the trade didn't hit my target/stop, not overriding them (fair enough, just won't use it in the future). There is still nowhere but the chart I can see evidence of the executions (ie executions or account performance). Of course being so new to this, these are in Sim.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by yeltraba; 08-25-2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

yeltraba,

Your strategy has stopped and restarted so many times in the day I do not think the executions you are seeing are "real-time" executions. The executions you are looking at are now historical trades as the strategy was restarted and as such no real executions was placed for you on a real-time basis. What you should try and do is to just let the strategy run continuously without turning it on/off.

For ExitOnClose, it does not override your stop/targets. You will need to check in your Control Center logs for order rejections as to why your stop/targets are not submitted. ExitOnClose is used in addition to whatever stop/target logic you add on your end for any leftover conditions to close.

Comment

Well, you can clearly see from the log that Ihe last 2 entries are:

08/25/2010 3:14:30 PM, Strategy, Exit on close.......
              08/25/2010 10:29:33 AM, Strategy, Enabling Ninjascript strategy........

Prior to 10:30 I did start and stop it multiple times however since then I had the strategy up and running all day. I saw the trades unfold during the day on the chart. Maybe it's an NT7 bug. I'll try 6.5.

Comment

yeltraba, the strategy is startet up in WaitUntilFlat mode, meaning it would only take the next freshly generated realtime time trade - at the point you started up the strategy was already in a position historically and building it further up, so this is why you likely did not see any executions taking place.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses