Limit Orders in SIM & Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit Orders in SIM & Market Replay

Limit orders ie where you place a sell above market & buy below.

NT seems to suggest order sits with exchange if I use ZenFire - so only issue on getting filled is position in queue. - is this correct.

Order is a Limit order though - which means it will fill you at this price or better. Hence you wait your turn in the queue and you possibly may never get filled. But is there a way to have a Limit order that fills at market? ie on ES if current price is 1050.00 and you have a Limit order at 1050.75 to go short, currently it will try to fill you at that price or higher. But is there a way it can fill you at Market if price has traded at 1050.75. In theory should get no worse than 1050.50 ie the BID due to liquidity in ES. I guess this is Market if Touched.

Also I noticed that I seem to get filled less often using Live data under SIM than I did when I replayed the same time period under Market Replay. Does Live data (under SIM) not use the same algorithms as Market Replay to emulate position in the queue?

Hello steve2222,

Correct, once the order has a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, it resides at the exchange or Zen-Fire servers.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Unfortunately we do not support market-if-touched orders.

The same simulator fill engine is used, however execution of orders is determined by multiple aspects.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes