How to STOP DOM from auto-centering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to STOP DOM from auto-centering?

How to STOP DOM from auto-centering? Auto-Center" in the properties is disabled/unchcked.

HOw can I make DOM like Infinity/TransAct or TradeStation DOM where I can scroll up/down instead of NT being "smart" but auto centering and moving the price as I click?

Hello CalTrader,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

AutoCenter unchecked should be all you need to disable this.

There are two types of DOM displays, and the dynamic will update the price rows as new ticks arrive. See here for more about the differences between these two displays:

It sound like you are using the dynamic display. You can tempporarily pause movement with this display by using the hold button. This button can also by toggled with a single click of space bar.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm with caltrader on this one.

I have autocentering set to false in Properties, and I have it unchecked in the right click menu and it still insists on bouncing up and down on every tick of movement. I have closed and reopened the window as well as tried restarting NT.

The hold button is just fine, but then the values stop updating too. Is this a known bug?

Comment

8DTK8,

Thanks for your post.

Keep in mind that if you're using the dynamic version of the DOM, you can expect the last traded price to remain centered. For more information about the differences between the behavior of the two price ladder displays, see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...erDisplay.html
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not wanting to beat this to death, I'm just curious about:

"Auto center price
          Enables or disables auto centering of the last traded price when it trades outside of range
          "

found at http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eLadderDisplay

Comment

Hello 8DTK8,

Autocenter works like this: Anytime the last traded price is outside of the visible display, it will snaps to the center.

You can verify this behavior on either dom.

Scroll up and down with your mouse scroll wheel. Do this with this setting on or off to see what it does.

Comment

Definitely get what you are trying to show me.

I still think it would be better if the ladder could be static (with dynamic price movement) until one hits the "c" key. With all the great improvements the NT team is working on, I offer my suggestion for a such a small aesthetic point with hesitation.

Thanks RyanM.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, 8DTK8.

Comment

it's a lost cause, seems to be. I am using STATIS FYI.

So much hype but wonder why NT can't make their DOM similar to that of TradeStation or TransAct, those are voted best DOMs.

?

Comment

Caltrader,

Can you describe the behavior you're seeing with the DOM?

If using static and autocenter = disabled: You can scroll up and down the ladder without autocenter. Are you seeing something different?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                      Caltrader,

If using static and autocenter = disabled: You can scroll up and down the ladder without autocenter.
                      How? I don't think you are right, you cannot "scroll" per se, can you show us?

Comment

Hi CalTrader,

Sure- this requires a mouse scroll wheel. You then scroll up or down and can view prices outside the current visible display.

Adjusting the Price Ladder Display
                        Move your mouse cursor into the price ladder region and use your mouse scroll wheel to adjust market prices up or down. You can also press the "C" button to center the inside market. Optionally, the "Auto center price" property will automatically center the inside market price should the last traded price trade outside the visible range on the price ladder. You can also set the number of visible price rows via the properties window.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM1 View Post
                          Hello CalTrader,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

AutoCenter unchecked should be all you need to disable this.

There are two types of DOM displays, and the dynamic will update the price rows as new ticks arrive. See here for more about the differences between these two displays:

It sound like you are using the dynamic display. You can tempporarily pause movement with this display by using the hold button. This button can also by toggled with a single click of space bar.

You might want to get rid of either this post or this whole thread. I clicked on the link you gave "http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...erDisplay.html" and I got a whole bunch of crap about how I had just got infected with some virus (this is a virus itself it seems) and something about Windows Defender, ect. Almost had to close down my whole computer to get out of it.

:-(

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes