Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

session limits

Hi,
    I was hoping that if I import few ETFs, selecting session US Equities RTH (9:30-16:00), that it is not going to do any trades during times out of this session on backtest. tell me what else is the session template good for? Besides limiting times to trade inside the code, are there any other options how to achieve what I want? To have results only from specific time interval?
    N.
    problem solved, I see I have to change session also for each optimization, selecting session template during import is not sufficient but selecting it for each optimization/backtest solves the problem.
    Last edited by nicknamed; 08-31-2010, 04:25 PM.

Hello nicknamed,

If you use session template like this, then you will not see trades take place outside of the times indicated. No bars will be displayed or used in strategy calculations. Session templates are a new feature in NinjaTrader 7 and can be used anywhere you construct bars or make calculations. This could be for chart display, market analyzer or strategies.

When you run a backtest, one of the reporting tabs is Periods, and this allows you to check out performance based on an hour or half hour of the day.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes