Kinetick, Buyer Beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick, Buyer Beware!

NT owns Kinetick and it may be an excellent product, but the marketing is very misleading.
    Every email from NT flogs the Kinetick product for maket data. No where do they mention that it is not available for real time data for NT 6.5, only for 7.0. You can go through all of the screens on the Kinetick web site to get to the purchase page, make the purchase, and not be aware that it isn't compatible with 6.5. Kinetick does mention that it is the preferred data provider for 7.0, but I thought that they were just jumping the gun.
    So I purchased the product and then went to the installation instructions, which made it clear that it wasn't compatible with 6.5; however, I don't think that any user goes to installation instructions before purchasing a product.
    In trying to figure out how to get my money back, I discovered that there is no customer service phone number on the Kinetick site and no email address. There is a form for communication, which I filled out, requesting my money back.
    The next day I received an email apologizing and stating that I would receive my money back in a few days. A few hours after receiving the email, I received another stating that my credit card had been billed. I don't understand why they just didn't stop the billing, rather than my having to receive a refund. It is now six days later and my account still hasn't been credited.
    I think very highly of NinjaTrader and I think that it behooves them to make very certain in all of their emails and on the Kinetick website that they inform potential users that the data isn't compatible with NT 6.5.
    This has been a surprising and disappointing experience.

I was under the impression that Kinetick was released with NT7.

As for getting through to them, I'm sure someone at NT will help you out.
    mrlogik
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

NT tech support is terrific; however, when I sent a separate comment from the NT website about my difficulties, and suggesting that they revise their marketing message on the emails until NT 7 is released, no one got back to me.

Comment

Hi sgordet,

I am very sorry to hear that you have yet seen the refund posted to your credit card account. I can assure you that the refund request was sent successfully. As I mentioned in the email to you confirming the refund, it may take some time for you to see the refund post to your account.

The request for the refund was sent on the evening of 8/24 to Kinetick support, as well as the email to NinjaTrader support. The request to NinjaTrader was simply transfered to Kinetick support; I assure you it was not ignored, your suggestion is indeed under consideration. The requests were received the next morning and the refund, as well as the response back to you was processed immediately.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Tim; 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes