Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing data from yesterday

Hi:

I am using NT 6.0.1000.5 with IB TWS 875.3. I had charts open yesterday with a daily and 30 minute chart for 4 stocks. All worked well. By the end of the day, I had 13 bars for each 30 minute chart. This morning, each 30 minute chart is showing just four bars on the September 10th and they are all showing the same price level, with no range at all. The daily charts are missing the bars for the 10th. Thirty minute bars are filling correctly for the 11th and are still present for all prior days from the 8th and back to the usual 15 days total. I have tried to re-create the 30 minute charts and re-load the data, but the bars for the 10th still do not show up. I have attached a screenshot of an example 30 minute chart to make this clear. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hi:

Thank you for your post.

Can you re-produce this on your charts?

Try this, close all of your charts.

Then, go to File > New > Chart and choose your instrument and interval. Check to make sure the Last Date field is set to Today's date.

Open up the chart, does this produce a full days worth of historical data for yesterday?

If the answer is no, try going to Tools > Historical Data > Reload and select your instrument.

Then, shutdown this chart and open a new chart.

If this still does not produce historical data for yesterday, please let us know and we can further investigate.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. It is highly reproducible. I did as you asked and tried to load a 15 minute chart. This is similar to a 30 minute chart, but shows 7 flat bars for the 10th September, rather than 4 (screenshot). Re-loading the data, closing and re-opening the chart made no difference.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi dcrosspc:

Thank you for replying and sending the screen shots.

This is most strange as I am running the same versions of NT and IB and my data for my charts is loading properly for all minute intervals from yesterday.

I would like to further investigate by checking your log/trace files.

If it is not inconvenient for you, please send me a note to support @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this post.

I can follow up with you via email.

Best regards,
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I may jump in here I'm having a similar problem. I've only been logging in after the trading day is over for the last three days and the data is only loading until 13:00 and then goes blank. I can send screen shots if necessary. I've tried resetting Format Data Series with no luck.

Comment

Hi Crazyhorse:

You don't say if you are using an IB data feed. I have now discovered that all daily charts from IB plot with a bar on September 8th, Saturday. The bar from September 10th is missing. Otherwise, many of the bars, perhaps all, are incorrect and show the wrong OHLC data.

In your case, are you sure that you have the the session hours set correctly under Properties (Ctrl-T when viewing a chart)? That is 9:30 AM to 4 PM EST or as appropriate for your time zone.

Comment

Hi dcrosspc,

Yes, I'm using IB and all parameters are set correctly. I'm just trying to figure out if this is an IB or NT problem.

Comment

I just double-checked the charts and all data loads properly through 9/7 and the problem begins on 9/10 with all data ending on 13:00 from 9/10 thru today.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                6 responses