NT Goes Brain-Dead on High Volume Spikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Goes Brain-Dead on High Volume Spikes

It happened to me yesterday and again today... Most recently, @8:03 am MTN there was a high volume spike in the ES and NT& froze like a deer in the head lights and I had to reboot... None of the charts were responding - DEAD... I got NT back up, but given that NT doesn't store historical data all of my Bid/Ask data was wiped out... I wasn't able to get my trades on at an optimal location so I lost out there as well... This happened yesterday as well... I lost 6 ticks trying to exit a trade (leaving $1500 on the table)... This is FRUSTRATING and AGGRAVATING!

I've seen these slow=downs in the past but didn't think too much of them... This is different... I can't trust NT and the performance in volatile/high-volume markets leaves a lot to be desired... I have resisted looking at other platforms, but given the size that I trade this is intolerable... I've read here on the forum that NT only uses multiple cores on startup and back-testing i think, for a realtime platform in these economic times, where a "black swan" event is sure to happen at any time, it HAS to process data without skipping a beat...

And yes, I do keep the log and trace files manageable and I am running the most recent version of NT... What a piss off!

Hello dmking,

Unfortunately unresponsiveness of the software can occur during high volatile periods. During such periods NinjaTrader receives much more ticks than usual, which need to be processed accordingly. This will request additional CPU & RAM from your PC, which can result in a freeze-up.

Please see the link below for suggestions to reduce PC resource request of NinjaTrader to avoid it from recurring and improve performance.

If you have indicators with 'Calculate on bar close' set to False, please set it to True. When set to False, each indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatile periods this can be too much for your PC to handle.

Please check if you have workspaces running in the background, since they will consume CPU cycles as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

Sorry about the rant.

D

Comment

No worries. Good to see I was able to clarify the issue for you.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
        1 response
        0 likes