Flatten open trades in a startegy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatten open trades in a startegy

While my strategy is running, at times I want to flatten the positions to get out of the market on a fly. I have many strategies running at the same time. I have only found how to stop a strategy one by one, but that leaves the positions open. The chart trader link is dimmed when the strategy is running.

How can I quit a strategy and flatten the position of a specific strategy on a fly.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

One of the ways to do this is to have a superDOM of the instrument open and then hitting the close button on the superDOM. This will close all active strategies and close all open positions and cancel any remaining orders.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I want to flatten positions for selected strategy only, not for all of them. Is that possible?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

The close button would only close strategies on that instrument. Will this work for you or are you running multiple strategies on the same instrument?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I run multiple strategies on same instrument. Example: TF short, TF Long

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nice Person View Post
            While my strategy is running, at times I want to flatten the positions to get out of the market on a fly. I have many strategies running at the same time. I have only found how to stop a strategy one by one, but that leaves the positions open. The chart trader link is dimmed when the strategy is running.

How can I quit a strategy and flatten the position of a specific strategy on a fly.

Thanks
            There are discretionary buttons that are available to do that, and other options to code into the buttons if you desire:

TJ

Comment

I found the codes on the link given. Reading the description it seems to me that this could work but I have a novice question. Where and how do I install this script? I am looking for a guide or a link to find more about installation. Sorry about this novice question.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred