Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I stop this annoying message box from popping up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stop this annoying message box from popping up?

hello,

how do i stop this annoying message box from popping up every 1 minute or so? see screen shot attached to this thread to see what the message box looks like and the message im seeing. im uisng TradeStation + NT DLL method set-up in Simulation mode in NT. thank you in advance.

regards Rod.
    Attached Files

Hi Rod, have you tried compacting / repairing the DB in a disconnected state already (Tools > Options > Misc)?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I tried repairing DB this but it did not work. I did un-tick the "store real-time bar data" box, do you think that this could have caused this problem? I'm using the TS external feed via Simulation mode set-up.

Comment

Hi Rod, I would not think this is related to this option - has the issue been fixed for you since this action?

Thanks

Comment

no still not fixed yet. can someone from Ninja development team look at the error message (see attachment) and tell me what causes this problem and how do you fix it?

to find out the cause of problem is important as then i will know what not do in the future to avoid this problem occuring again.

thank you.

Comment

Rod, on which NT version are you working as this happens?

Can you please give me the exact scenario under this occurs, so we can attempt to reproduce this here?

Thanks

Comment

thank you. i fixed it myself by re-installing NT. will try and work out what causes this myself.

i think it might have been caused by un-ticking the "store real-time bar data" box under options misc tab.

will let you know if this is the cause. thanks for your help though.

Comment

Hi, we are still getting this annoying dialog box popping up saying "failed to execute DB job" what does this actually mean, can you ask your development team what this means and how to fix it so that this message pop up goes away? please note that "failed to execute DB job" is only part of the message we get, please see attachment below for screen shot of actual message we get in its full form. we sometimes get this message straight after tradestation sends an order to NT for execution using the NT DLL method. you can see this message in the logs and trace files straight after NT is processing the order.

also, a second problem, NT crashed on us and was forced to shut down --- see attachment below which outlines what the error message said / looked like. we emailed NT support the logs and trace files on the 7th september 2010 at 4:13 AM central time (time in Chicago) so this info should help you to see what actually caused the NT crash / forced shut down and then this info can be used to fix this bug.

Could you please also let us know that you got this email at 4:13 am ?

i have also tried repairing my MS .NET framework 3.5 (SP1) program but this did not fix either of the 2 problems. I also have installed on my computer .NET framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 ---> do you think i should try and repair these also, or is repairing the .NET 3.5 enough in order to try and fix these 2 problems??

we are using NT build 6.5.1000.16 ---> is this the latest build??

thanks in advance.

regards

Rod
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Rocket130713; 09-07-2010, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Rod, I got your logs send to support - will review and reply to you.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

To help you to replicate my problem here is my set-up and steps i took to see the problem:

1. Un-installed and Re-installed NT (cleared internet cache and history also).

2. Opened up NT and then Instrument Manager and then put letter "C" beside the "External" mapping in "misc"

3. Did and external connection to TradeStation (TS) data feed symbol CZ10 on 5 minute TS chart.

So TS is sending orders to NT (using DLL method) using the CZ10 symbol in TS (5 minute chart).

Also getting another error message (see previous attachments) that says "Failed to execute DB job "AccountUpdateJob" ".

This seems to be a bug in this build (1000.16) that means NT is unable to update the NT database at certain times when trying to do certain DB udpate jobs.

Please let me know if you can duplicate this on your computer and if so when will this be fixed??

Please note that i get the error dialog box (Failed to execute DB job) straight after TS sends NT an order, via DLL method, so this shows that NT cant update the DataBase based on the new order info.

Also, the problem occurs on other symbols too like the Canadian Dollar futures market, so the error is not just with one symbol.

I have attached a screen shot of the problem occuring today, you can see all the different forms of the error message highlighted in green, you might have to "zoom in" / enlarge the image attached so as you can see what the error messages in green are saying exactly.

thanks in advance. We really need to get this sorted out as quiclkly as possibe so we can move forward with our paper testing research, then we can go to LIVE trading.

regards

Rod
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rocket130713; 09-09-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Rod, I'll try reproducing with your steps here - what other symbols did you follow where you've seen this to?

Edit: please also try just sending over the entry with our NTSample in TS for example - would this produce the same issue for you?
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 09-09-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I could not reproduce here on my end, tried our NTSample submitting a market order on ESZ10 to NT 6.5.1000.16 for execution.

Are you sure you deleted the MyDocuments folder to try a fresh database too as outlined in my email reply?

Thanks

Comment

yes ive deleted all databases (in program files and MyDocuments folder). ive also un-installed and re-installed all .NET frameworks (ie 1.1., 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5) and NT program itself. also seeing same problem on version 1000.15 too. you need to send many orders from TS to NT using the CDZ10 symbol in TS on a 5 min chart to see the problem. The problem only shows up every 1 out of 20 orders sent, so just sending a few orders using NTsample set-up would not work. I will try my set-up now on a brand new laptop i bought just a week ago that has a fresh new copy of windows XP installed on it. I will then install an old build of NT 6.5 i have (released anbout 1 year ago before 1000.16 build released) and then this will tell me if it is a bug in build 1000.16 specifically. will report back as soon as done. thank you.

Comment

Hi Bertrand, could you please put this request "on hold", as I have just installed NT 6.5 1000.16 build on my brand new laptop (only been used a few times) and the problem seems to have disappeared. Will continue to run this test on my laptop for the next 5 trading days to make 100% sure that the problem does not occur. If it does not occur on my laptop then this would suggest there is a problem with my desktop computer hardware or software, so to fix this I would then have to re-install windows XP on my desktop again. But, I would prefer not to have to do this as it would take me days to re-install all my programs on my desktop and re-create my original environment / trading set-up. To avoid this, is it possible that the problem might be caused by a corrupted MS Access program, as maybe this is why NT cant update the DataBase (i.e. Failed to execute DB job)? Thanks for your reply in advance.

Comment

Hi Bertrand (or other NT support staff): Do you think that if I un-install and re-install Microsoft Access program that this might fix the problem?

Maybe a corrupted MS Access program is causing the error message "Failed to execute DB job" ? Is this possible? And does NT program even require the MS Access program to write to the (and update the) NT database (DB) ??

Any other ideas to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno