Connection Freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Freezes

I'm trading live (automated) with NT 7, latest beta. Lately, my connection has been freezing (yesterday, it froze at 9:40am, and today, it froze before market open). I'm not around to monitor the connection, so unfortunately, I cannot manually restart NT whenever this happens (note that restarting NT does solve the problem). The log does not indicate that the primary connection or the price feed connection was lost...my connection status on the bottom left is still green when the price freezes. The result of the connection freezing like this, however, is that my automated strategies no longer execute trades until I am able to manually restart NT. Can something be done to prevent these freezes? (As I have recently switched internet networks, do you think this could be a port forwarding issue?)

Hello drkempus,

Thank you for your post.

In order to take a look at what might be taking place in the background, we would need you to send us your Log & Trace files for one of the days you experienced the ‘freeze’.

They can be found in your (My) Documents folder at the folders:

1. NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

2. NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Please include a reference to this forum thread. You will need to send the email & attachments to support AT ninjatrader DOT com.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes