Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to send mail.

Hi,

I want NT 6.5 to send me email alerts. My understanding is that by successfully sending a test email though Control Center -> Tools -> [Misc] -> SMTP section -> "Test" Button" I will be able to use the SendMail() function within a custom indicator without problems.

I have an IIS 6.0 server which sends emails through my ISP's smtp servers (which require TLS/SSL). I did my tests and that works fine.

But when I configure the Control Center's smtp section I get the following results:

Option 1:Pointing to my IIS server
    Result 1: A message pops up: Failed to send mail: 504 5.6.4 Unrecognized authentication type.

Option 2: Putting the ISP's smtp server fqdn + user + password
    Result 2: A message pops up: Failed to send mail: 530 5.7.0 Must issue STARTTLS command first.

I do I resolve this? What type of authentication type is being used by NT to send mail?

- Marcus Plexus

Ok. I fixed my problem. I had to set IIS 6.0 to accept basic authentication.

Please close this call. Thanks.

Comment

Great. Thanks for sharing your solution, marcusplexus.
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, completely unable to send email via tools>options>misc>test button.

Have tried none/multiple smtps... with same result - gmail, verizon, nyc.rr.com, what now?

Comment

Welcome to our forums Pete, after you entered your new smtp settings to test, did you hit 'ok' at the botton first to accept those new settings and then gone back to Tools > Options > Misc to 'test' those just entered?
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did that. it says "operation timed out" - does this mean it's actually trying and the smtp server is not responding?

Comment

Correct, it did not get a reply in the expected time then from the server, this could be a server / ISP issue, but more likely it's your local security software / firewall setup not permitting the connection needed to take place.

Comment

It's going through dsl modem, the firewall settings are off and avg is not scanning outgoing email ???
                Last edited by pete.rio; 09-20-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Ok, what settings would you be exactly testing here?

Comment

OK, I got it to work - problem was wrong port for my ISP's SMTP... now I need to figure out how to set up the alerts. Do I have to program them into the strategy or can I use the market analyzer alerts?

All I basically want to send via email is when a position is taken and when it is closed, so either entry/exit price or profit/loss realized for which instrument.

Comment

Pete, glad to hear you could work it out - you would need to program this alert mechanism directly into the strategy by calls to the SendMail() method - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/sendmail.htm

Comment

OK, I read somewhere on the forum about using "OnExecution" - what are the functions/coding that will give me the strings containing the following for each execution: instrument, action, price, time, entry/exit.

And also can I send email to more than one address at once? Tks.

Comment

Hi Pete, you can check into this link outlining the methods and properties the IExecution reported in OnExecution() would offer you - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...iexecution.htm

You can use the SendMail() command more than once to notify several inboxes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes