replicable error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replicable error

Hi, this is quite annoying: You make an optimization, you get results, and now you are listing in the results, say you first saw percent, then you click see results in points, ok, you select specific instrument from the list, you have selected summary to see, so the summary changes with instrument and you see different summary for the asset you click, so far, great, then you click graphs, now you see graph for just that instrument you got selected and saw summary just a second ago, so far, great, it works as it should, then you click trades, see the trades for the same asset, perfect, but then you suddenly click back to summary and now you see a summary for totally different asset, why is that? why if you click from trades or graphs back to summary, then the summary is for different asset and you have to search for the original asset you were viewing to see the summary for it when you already clicked to see it? It happened to me in 2 of 2 installations of beta 20 (2 different PCs), so I guess this should be replicable and I hope therefore there is a non-negligible chance for repair of this non-critical. This does happen in Instruments tab, not in the optimizer tab of strategy analyzer.
    N.
    PS. the same "loss" of active result happens when changing view from percent to points, but this is really non-critical.one does not change this that often.so it is not that annoying as the first "bug". This happens also in the optimizer tab of strategy analyzer. There it gets really annoying considering very large number of results and finding the original one.
    Last edited by nicknamed; 09-05-2010, 04:13 AM.

nicknamed, I could see this here, too - I'll check with development to which extent this might be expected or not.

Thanks for reporting in to us.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now there is more in beta 21, very similar error, you do a backtest, then you click long only, you see graph for longs, then you click to trades, that is ok, back to graph and although you see still long view only is still selected, the graph you see (with all the numbers on the y axis) is for all trades.

Comment

nicknamed, thank you for this report. We will look into it on Monday.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

nicknamed, we checking into both your findings and unfortunately those are expected limitations.

Comment

ok, this is minor bug one can live with this, please check my comments on session templates in other posts, that are more important

Comment

Sure, we'll look into those reports as well shortly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Delerium  
              Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes