Automatic Strategy Entries with Manual Exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Strategy Entries with Manual Exits

I've been testing a strategy on several instruments which looks promising but it is clear that there are times that exiting the position, perhaps even reversing it would improve the performance. However, when I intervene this way the strategy seems to automatically stop and I can't start it again without reloading it on the chart. Is there a way to set a strategy up so I can intervene without causing it to stop? The strategy is giving me great entries, but so far the exits are the problem, and the various methods I've tried to improve exits haven't worked to make it better.

Are you referring to a NinjaScript strategy?
    Does your NinjaScript strategy create ATM strategies?
    When you say intervene, do you mean manually? What exactly are you doing?

Thanks.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manual Adjustment

I'm not that sophisticated, (yet). I would like to use ATM's to manage exits while entering with a NinjaScript strategy. I know its possible, I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. I suspect it is also not testable other than realtime. I would like to move a stop or close a position, perhaps enter a new position, while preserving the strategies ability to enter a trade when the conditions defined in an NT script are present. My next effort is to learn how to marry a strategy entry with an ATM exit management. How tough is that? In the meantime is it possible to set the NinjaScript strategy up to enter a trade, but allow the user to intervene to manage or exit the trade?

Comment

No it is not possible. To manually intervene, you need to use a NinaScript strategy that programatically monitors for an entry and intiate an ATM strategy that you can manually manage.

Comment

NinjaScript calls an ATM Strategy

I took a look at the user guide on calling ATM strategies, seems straightforward enough but there are a lot of extra commands around the topic. Is there an example of some code that implements this feature somewhere? Is it possible to implement an ATM call while using the strategy wizard. (I still prefer the training wheels. Everytime I try to create code without the wizard I usually get some kind of error message that I can't figure out how to correct.)

Comment

Unfortunately you can not work with ATM strategies within the Strategy Wizard.

Comment

Automated/Manual Strategies

Hi Ray,
              In my last post I asked about using the strategy wizard to call an ATM strategy, which I understand from you is not possible. I also asked if there was any resource that I could look at that had the code implemented in a strategy. Not just a snippet which already exists in the user guide, but a portion of functional code which calls an ATM strategy and actually works? I just need something I can monkey-train on, (monkey-see, monkey-do). To get started.
              Thanks
              Daven

Comment

See the SampleAtmStrategy that is installed with NT.

Comment

On the flip side to this...

Is is possible to manually enter a trade, but have a Ninjascript strategy automatically exit rather than use an ATM strategy?

...or are there any plans to include things like ATR based trailing stops and more advanced exits of this type to the ATM Strategies?

Comment

Unfortuntately not at this time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM