Collapse

candlestick overlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked and ROVI was not on the stock list that I imported over the weekend. I have a notepad file and ROVI is not on it. I imported all the stocks on the notepad file using the appropriate exchange and US Equities RTH.

I didn't think I could view instruments without adding them to the instrument list. I don't know how NT handles this, but ROVI was sent to the chart via a double click on a Trade Ideas scanner. I then added it to the Market Analyzer. Somewhere in that chain of events NT must of added ROVI to the instrument list. I checked the instrument manager and ROVI is listed with a session template of 24/7 and only the default exchange is selected.

Comment

I woke up this morning and opened up NT 7 (RC1) to be presented with the attached chart.

Chart was working fine prior to the holiday.

This thread is old, but I don't seem to recall a resolution. What would trigger this? No settings were changed from before the holiday to today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Day Trading Fool,

I am not sure if I understand. The markets were closed on 11-25 due to Thanksgiving, so there is no data for that day.

If you do not want price bars to overlap, I suggest to make use of a smaller value for Width.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi - yes, that is the problem.

Whenever a day is missing data, the chart bars overlap. Always. After every holiday.

I don't change anything on the chart - Wednesday everything was fine. The bar width was set to my preference (4). After the holiday, I open NT the bar width remains at 4, but the bars overlap.

I just tried something else - creating a new chart with the same template works fine, everything is at it should be. But when I link the chart to the MA, the bars overlap.

Or - if I change the symbol on the chart, the bars overlap.

Comment

I do not experience such behavior on my end. Have you tried a restart of NinjaTrader? If not, please check if this will make any differnece.

Does the issue occur if you not load the chart template in your chart?
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Looks like the problem might be the equadistance equal parameter under the properties... I don't recall ever changing that.

Anyhoo - if it happens again I will let you know...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post arvidvanstaey