Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on loading chart data

Hi guys
    I have a problem with loading a few charts, everytime I become this message (jpg attachment)
    How can I fix that?

thanks
    Michael
    Attached Files

Hello Michael,

Can you please tell me what exact PRA instrument you are trying to plot. Are you referring to the PRA traded on the Nyse?

Please delete any instrument listed PRA in the Instrument Manager in NinjaTrader. Subsequently connect to IB and navigate to the Control Center-->Orders-tab. Set 'Type' to Stock and type in 'PRA' in the Name field and hit Enter.

The PRA has now been added to the Instrument Manager. Please add it to an instrument list in the Instrument Manager. Create a new chart and select the PRA from your instrument list and check if the requested data is loaded without error.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

PRA is traded on the XETRA

Comment

Hi Jason
        unfortenately it does not work, also SPR, GMM all on XETRA and in Euro are impossible.

"Control Center-->Orders-tab. Set 'Type' to Stock and type in 'PRA' in the Name field and hit Enter."

when I do this, on the left side in the Bid, Ask and Last are nothing changing.

Comment

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately I am still not sure what exact PRA instrument you refer. When I type the symbol in TWS, I list the instruments in the attached screenshot.

Yes, those instructions will not work - they will only work for the PRA traded on Nyse.

Can you please try the following. Please only enable the Xetra exchange for the instrument in the Definition-tab. Check if this will make a difference.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello Michael,

Unfortunately I am still not sure what exact PRA instrument you refer. When I type the symbol in TWS, I list the instruments in the attached screenshot.

Yes, those instructions will not work - they will only work for the PRA traded on Nyse.

Can you please try the following. Please only enable the Xetra exchange for the instrument in the Definition-tab. Check if this will make a difference.

Instrument are the stock Praktiker Bau und Heimwerk "PRA"

I have only enabled the XETRA
            Last edited by michi08; 09-08-2010, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Hello Michael,

I tested it on my end using the IB demo connection and I was able to receive real-time data for the PRA. Do you receive real-time data on your end as well?

Unfortunately we do not have a live IB account available that is enabled for such data to test historical data.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello Michael,

I tested it on my end using the IB demo connection and I was able to receive real-time data for the PRA. Do you receive real-time data on your end as well?

Unfortunately we do not have a live IB account available that is enabled for such data to test historical data.
                How you can see i have the same values on my NT 6.5 and also in the NT 7. You can see that in Control Center there are no change. I testet now more different small cap stocks without a result, i got only errors.

(under Instrument Editor Misc- IB are also PRA, I forgot to make a scan)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by michi08; 09-08-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

The screenshots displays you manually setup the PRA instrument in the Control Center-->Orders-tab.

Please proceed as follows. Delete any instrument listed in the Instrument Manager named PRA.

Subsequently click New to create a new instrument. Configure the instrument as per the attached screenshots.

Add the newly created PRA to your default instrument list.

Select the PRA from your instrument list in the Control Center-->Orders-tab (set 'Type' to <Default>) and check if you receive data.

Comment

Now I did like you told me and it is running, but i must restart the NT!! without restart there are no changes.

Ok, I wil test now the other stocks too, hopping that it wil work well.

Thanks for everthing
                    Michael

Comment

Good to hear you now receive data. Let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses