Why Do These Disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Do These Disappear

When applying any kind of buy/sell volume indicator, whether it's the one supplied by NT or any variant thereof, any plots which showed before making a change to an indicator will disappear. For example, I applied Delta Buy/Sell Volume and Buy/Sell Volume to a chart. I then modified my Donchian Channel indicator and once applied, the plots for those indicators disappeared. I have attached a "before" and "after" picture. What the heck is going on?

Regards
    Chuck
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

This is expected with Power indicators such as the Buy Sell volume indicator and the delta indicator since NinjaTrader must see this buy or sell occur on the bid or ask price, there is no historical data feed provider that stores this data. So it only works on realtime data. Unfortunately anytime you change settings on your chart this causes historical data to reload from the historical data server.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

This is expected with Power indicators such as the Buy Sell volume indicator and the delta indicator since NinjaTrader must see this buy or sell occur on the bid or ask price, there is no historical data feed provider that stores this data. So it only works on realtime data. Unfortunately anytime you change settings on your chart this causes historical data to reload from the historical data server.

Brett, thanks for the quick response. Is this a problem that other software vendors encounter as well? It just seems to me that there has to be a solution. Otherwise these so called "power" indicators are useless! Isn't there anything NT can do in future releases? Or is there something else available as an add on?

Chuck

Comment

Hello,

They work in realtime only. There is no change to this in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

They work in realtime only. There is no change to this in NinjaTrader 7.

If the above is true tell me how the Fin-Alg market delta loads historical bid/ask data in Ninja 7.

Comment

Timmy,

Suggest you contact Fin-Alg to get this information as I have not personally run there software and would not have this infomation.

However in reguards to our Power Buy Sell indicators they work in realtime only currently. There is no change to this in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Javierw.ok  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bltdavid