historical intraday data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical intraday data

1) Zenfire provides intraday historical data of 4 to 5 months. Is there any other data provider which provides intraday historical data for a few years?

2) i have metastock format data stored on my computer. How can i use it in Ninjatrader strategy tester? Please suggest steps to do so

Hello thestockbull,

1. Please see the link below that will list all supported connectivity providers and what data they provide.

Unfortunately we do not have information how much historical data is provided per connectivity provider. I suggest to clarify this with the connectivity provider.

2. You can import MetaStock in NinjaTrader 7 only. Please see the following link under 'Understanding the import options'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have Ninjatrader 6.5. If i want Ninjatrader 7, then can i install both simultaneously on same PC same operating system? i have windows vista 32 bit

Comment

Hello thestockbull,

Thank you for your note.

It is possible to install NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7 on the same PC. It is not possible to run both versions at the same time, however.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i am trying to add a new Futures scrip in Instrument Manager of NT 6.5. It is giving the following error "You must set atleast one symbol map value". What does that mean?

Comment

thestockbull,

This message indicates that you need to define a symbol map value. This would be the symbol that your data provider would use.

For sake of convenience, I have pasted some general instrument configuration instructions below:
            Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
            • Press the "New" button
            • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
            • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
            • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
            The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
            • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
            • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
            • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
            • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            1 response
            0 likes