Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide or disable an indicator property

Hello,

Would it be possible to hide or disable a property of an indicator?

For example, I would want to hide or disable the Avg Color of a MACD indicator, because I don't want the user to modify it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello IkerCB,

Thank you for your post.

The only option available is to set the Avg line color to Transparent as seen in the attached screen shot.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher, thanks for answering.

I don't want to hide the line in the chart, I want it to be visible, but I would want to prevent the user from changing the color in the properties of the indicator.

Comment

IkerCB,

What you could do is if they change it, programmatically change it back.

For example, if they changed the color to black you can change it back to blue like this:
        Code:
        Plots[0].Pen = new Pen(Color.Blue);
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh, I think I will use that option. Thanks!

Anyway, would be any way to hide properties of an indicator? It would be very useful.

Comment

IkerCB,

If you don't want properties displayed, you should make these variables private only, and remove the public declaration in the properties region.

You can also set PlotsConfigurable = false; to disable plot controls for the indicator.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, really helpful information.

The properties that I would want to hide are some of the default properties of the MACD indicator, like the color of the Avg and MACD lines. Is it possible to remove the public declaration of a default property's variable?

PlotsConfigurable = false; I found this info very helpful, but I don't want to hide all the plot controls. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Plot colors are only hidden with PlotsConfigurable property. Unfortunately it's an all or nothing setting.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thank you very much Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by IkerCB View Post
                    Hello,

Would it be possible to hide or disable a property of an indicator?

For example, I would want to hide or disable the Avg Color of a MACD indicator, because I don't want the user to modify it.
                    Hello,

just do not implement setter / getter methods for the avg private variable.

I think, I have more extended question for more experienced guys,

for example,
                    1) I have a boolean property, let say 'flag'
                    2) I would like to implement switcher:
                    * if flag == true (user sets it to true on 'Indicators' dialog) then show property1 , property2 ...
                    * if flag == false then hide property1, property2..

I would be really appreciate any help

Comment

Originally posted by akushyn View Post
                      Hello,

just do not implement setter / getter methods for the avg private variable.

I think, I have more extended question for more experienced guys,

for example,
                      1) I have a boolean property, let say 'flag'
                      2) I would like to implement switcher:
                      * if flag == true (user sets it to true on 'Indicators' dialog) then show property1 , property2 ...
                      * if flag == false then hide property1, property2..

I would be really appreciate any help
                      I'm very interested in the answer to akushyn's question. Is there a way to dynamically manipulate the selection of properties that appears in the properties window for indicators and strategies? His example is a perfect illustration of what I am looking for.

You can see an example of this in the Strategy properties window (Edit Strategy window) under "Order Properties." When you change "Set order quantity" to "by default quantity" it adds a property above it called "Default Quantity".

Is there any way to enable this capability with our own properties?

Scott
                      sh_daggett
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - NinjaLaunchpad

Comment

Originally posted by sh_daggett View Post
                        I'm very interested in the answer to akushyn's question. Is there a way to dynamically manipulate the selection of properties that appears in the properties window for indicators and strategies? His example is a perfect illustration of what I am looking for.

You can see an example of this in the Strategy properties window (Edit Strategy window) under "Order Properties." When you change "Set order quantity" to "by default quantity" it adds a property above it called "Default Quantity".

Is there any way to enable this capability with our own properties?

Scott
                        You will need to manipulate the Browsable attribute of the property.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                          You will need to manipulate the Browsable attribute of the property.
                          Thanks, koganam. That helps. However, is there an event that gets triggered that I can write code to manipulate the Browsable attribute when the property window is being edited by the user? It seems that such an event handler is needed to dynamically make the change.

Thanks.

Scott
                          sh_daggett

Comment

Here is your answer:
                            wh hi, I didn't understand what your code is supposed to do but I don't think that it answers my request. What I want is like in zigzag indicator when you change the "use high and low" from true to false new property "price type" appears. Or like in "set order quantity" by changing from "by strategy" to "by default quantity". Thanks, Baruch try this public enum MMType { Fix_Percent, Kelly_F } in Vars private MMType mmtype; in Properties [Description("Money …

Baruch

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                              Here is your answer:
                              wh hi, I didn't understand what your code is supposed to do but I don't think that it answers my request. What I want is like in zigzag indicator when you change the "use high and low" from true to false new property "price type" appears. Or like in "set order quantity" by changing from "by strategy" to "by default quantity". Thanks, Baruch try this public enum MMType { Fix_Percent, Kelly_F } in Vars private MMType mmtype; in Properties [Description("Money …

Baruch
                              First of all, Baruch, bless your ever-lovin' heart for that answer, and thanks to jeremytang for providing the sample code!

Secondly, please see "First of all".
                              sh_daggett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM