• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT didn't read the OIF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT didn't read the OIF

I was long a position and a signal was sent over 3 minutes since the last trade signal. It was for a reverse but the trade wasn't made. It wasn't the first time a reverse trade was made for the day so the files were working properly.

The logs say this: AT 'reverse OIF' aborted: missing or bad parameter The process cannot access the file "C:\NinjaTrader 4\reverse.txt" because it is being used by another process.

The logs previous to that show I was long but when I look at the files in the AT folder it shows that I was flat at a price I entered the long at. Something went awry with NT reading and writing to the AT files.

imported post

The first step is that the reverse.txt had a bad parameter. Please use the OIF builder and verify that the string/format you are sending is correct as per the examples generated by the OIF builder.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

The OIF is correct andI said Ihad already made reverse trades with it. It has been working fine before that and it has worked since. I used the OIF builder to originally make the string in the first place. Something went awry with the way NT read the file as I explained.

Comment

imported post

After looking at the logs, whenever there was a reverse, sometimesI get this:

"5/10/2005 12:58:00 PM AT 'reverse OIF' aborted: missing or bad parameter The process cannot access the file ""C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 4\AT\reverse.txt"" because it is being used by another process."
        "5/10/2005 12:58:00 PM AT Reverse OIF file deletion error: The process cannot access the file ""C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 4\\AT\reverse.txt"" because it is being used by another process."

But the trades still take place after. Sometimes I don't get those messages and the trade takes place. Thetrade in which I am referring to previously, all I got was the first message. It's not being consistent.

Comment

imported post

This means that either NT has not closed the file from before or, the application that generates the OIF has not released the file. I have not had any reports of NT holding onto a file but I will check on my end and I ask you to do the same on your end.

Comment

imported post

This means that either NT has not closed the file from before or, the application that generates the OIF has not released the file. I have not had any reports of NT holding onto a file but I will check on my end and I ask you to do the same on your end.

Comment

imported post

I made a change to my program to close the OIF file right after I write the trade to it, and that seems to have solved the problem.

Comment

imported post

Excellent.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Stok, Today, 08:44 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Stok