NT 6.5 lifespan of OrderID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 lifespan of OrderID

Hi, while OrderID needs to be unique, for how long is that true? If I have an active account for 10 years, can I ever be allowed to use an ID that was used before? or do they get purged after a day, a month or a year?

Thanks. W2

Hello Wsquared,

Can you clarify where you are accessing or defining OrderID?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry about that. I am using your dll interface. Instead of using your NewOrderID function, I am wanting to define the orderIDs myself, so they contain information about the order itself. I'm wondering how long it takes for existing OrderIDs to expire, so I know how deep I have to go in making them unique.

Thanks.
      W2

Comment

W2,

You will need to always use an unique ID in this case. There is no automatic expiration of orderIds.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          W2,

You will need to always use an unique ID in this case. There is no automatic expiration of orderIds.
          Thank you. That being the case, what exactly does your dll function Orders(string account) return?

Will it return just the orderIDs associated with NT 6.5 GUI's Order grid? I know I can clear the history of a simulated account via your menu, but in LIVE, how will this work?

I don't see a setting to allow x number of rows in the orders grid, Is there a fixed number of rows that the order grid will have? Are orders purged after a period of time? Or will all realtime orders always be sitting in the Orders Grid?

Thank you. W2

Comment

Orders() will return a list of orders currently associated with the specified account. I believe it does just return the orders from the Order grid, but I will have someone get back to you on Monday with a more certain answer. Unfortunately I'm also not sure when they start disappearing, but realtime orders will always be in the grid.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

W2, you would have access to all ID's associated to the specific account queried - even terminate state ones, they are 'cleared' at the end of the day for the new session.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not understanding the diff between cleared and terminate state. Is terminate state cancelled and expired orders?

So if I have placed 1000 order since I have started trading the account, and 10 orders today, when I call Orders() function will it return 1000 orderIDs or just 10?

If the orders are cleared at the end of the day does that include GTC orders?

Thanks. W2

Comment

W2, with cleared I just referred to the orders tab being reset, terminal state would be cancelled, rejeced or filled orders, states that would then not change after this terminal state is reached once.

Working GTC orders would stay in the orders tab and therefore would be accessible as well.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle
                  by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  2 responses