X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in WoodiesCCI

The WoodiesCCI indicator shows a bug (FDAX yesterday), see picture
    Attached Files

We will look into that and let you know. Please be patient, since our programmer in charge is off for a few days.

Meanwhile, could you please post a link to the logic/algorithm you are referring to?

Comment

In the indicator parameters of woodiesCCI you can set "# of neutral bars". This is set to 5 by default (also in my picture). When the wcci is below the zeroline for 6 and more bars it shows red bars. When the cci then goes to the positiv side for less then 6 bars (before 6 bars are printed it goes back to negative side) there is no trend change and so the next/first bar below the zeroline gets again red color (short trend still intact).

Hope you can understand it

P.S.: When you look a few bars before (around 21:55) or even the most times this happens NT shows the correct color (but not at mentioned time in the picture)!

Comment

Thanks, we'll look into.

>> When the wcci is below the zeroline for 6 and more bars it shows red bars. When the cci then goes to the positiv side for less then 6 bars (before 6 bars are printed it goes back to negative side) there is no trend change

Do you have a reference for this logic?

Comment

That's "woodie standard"

What I have found in that short time is e.g.

What Woodie says:

Woodies CCI Trend (trend): A trend is established any time the CCI (black line) is either over or below the zero-line (ZL) for six or more time bars. If the CCI trades on the other side of the ZL this does not negate the trend. If above, trend is up, if below, trend is down. The word trend is used in bold print throughout this text when referring
          to Woodie’s definition.

This definition is not "the definition".

Also, we can see on Chart 14 Woodie´s last document, an example of trend going below zero line 4 bars (marked grey) and then returning above and the trend is still marked with Blue.
          So, the cross of zero line does not mean a color change until 6 bars in the same direction are printed.
          Several examples are Chart 15/16 in the same document
          Some charts which shows that (from the "bible", woodies cci document )

Attached Files

Comment

Perfect. Thanks for that info.

Comment

I tried to reproduce, please see screenshot. This is working here. Please make sure you have installed the latest release of NinjaTrader (6.0.1000.5). Help -> About -> NinjaTrader Version.

If this is not true, please update to the newest version. If you are already on it, please go to the NinjaTrader custom folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom). Which timestamp (Date modified) has the NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll ?

Thanks
              Attached Files
              ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

very strange.... when I now open the chart of 13th september I also get the correct color

(when I saw the bug I've done F5 to reload ninjascript and so on but still got the wrong color. Today I checked 13th sept 5 min chart again and have the correct color. Just for info: I did have the newest version on ninjatrader at 13th and timestamp from NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll file is/was 5th sept. 22:00.)

Comment

I finally could reproduce your error. This only ocurred under some special conditions. The amended version will be available in the next release of NinjaTrader. Thanks for reporting !
                  ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post usazencort  
                  Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                  5 responses