Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is this the usual weekend connection problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the usual weekend connection problem???

Hi. Just upgraded to 6.5.17 from.16. Is there a problem or are zenfire just doing maintenance for the weekend. Getting error 20051, which in reality has absoluteley nothing to do with synchronizing computer clocks. I normally just leave it for an hour and then try reconnecting but as I have just updated to V.17 I thought I had better check, also the feed was fairly erratic yesterday and the 2 things usually go hand in hand.

12/09/2010. 10.30am
    Still no connection. So a major problem for Zenfire.
    This is not an NT problem!!! it´s a Zenfire problem, we need to be communicating our thoughts and feelings to Zenfire.

12/09/2010. 15.22pm
    Still no connection. If I could suggest that the people who have replied to this thread send an e-mail to [email protected] it might be that they give some warning so that we do not spend time on this forum trying to find out if we have a problem with NT!!!!
    Last edited by dee50; 09-12-2010, 07:28 AM. Reason: The answer is YES

Be nice if NT support would post or send customers an email when they are doing maintenance/upgrades etc.

NO SOUP for US!
    Last edited by gg80108; 09-11-2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I upgraded this morning as well to the .17 version of NT and I'am also getting the connection error this morning. It says "Login Failed: Unable to Login (20051)

I really hope it has nothing to do with upgrading.

Comment

Similar issue with v7 beta 21. After a pretty long delay trying to connect to Zen-Fire, I get the error Please check your account connection parameters and your internet connection.(LoginFailed). But this is new today, as I was able to connect to Zen-Fire after upgrading to beta 21 yesterday. I'm running XP, 32-bit.

Comment

Just wanted to refer anyone following this thread to http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=191552, where there's a post from NinjaTrader customer service confirming difficulties with Zen-Fire.

Comment

Similar trouble here, but with a very 'opaque' error message that I won't bother to repeat. Iv'e had trouble with ZenFire on Sundays and assumed their servers were down for maintenance, but never before on a Saturday.
            I;m going to suggest to ZenFire that they put a status message on their website.

Comment

Connectivity Issues

I am experiencing the same issues as others have mentioned.

I get a "Message" window: "Login Failed:" "Please check your account connection parameters and your internet connection."

It did connect one time today but now it will not.

I had this same problem a couple days ago.

Very frustrating.

Considering the prior posts to this forum, I am going to assume the problem is within the system somewhere.

Comment

Hello MarketTracker,

Thank you for your note.

Zen-Fire is currently down for maintenance. Therefore this connection will not be available. They have not communicated an ETA on when they will back up.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

That is very much appreciated.

Thank you again.

Comment

Hello MarketTracker,

You’re very welcome.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Good for now Chip.

Take care.

Comment

Why not tell us??

I had the same problem with my Zenfire log on, but I went a different route. I sent an email to support. What I got back was the usual "database repair" then "reinstall this and that." I tried all of this and, of course, none of it worked. Then I came here and found out how widespread the issue was. Question: why didn't even the support people at NT know of the Zenfire maintenance thing. I still have not received any word from NT Customer Service and it has been at least 6 hours since their first response.

I agree with whomever made the suggestion on this Forum that Zenfire needs to communicate to its customers about any connection issues, planned or not, as soon as they appear, or in advance, if they are planned. After all, if I'm not mistaken, our Usernames are our email addresses.
                        Last edited by gpq; 09-13-2010, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Hello gpq,

Once it was discovered that customers were experiencing connection issues with Zen-Fire the Support Desk contacted Zen-Fire to discuss any known issues. It was from this that the maintenance issue was learned & this information was then communicated to customers.

If you have not received our response then you will want to check your SPAM or ‘junk’ email folder. If this does not yield any results then I would ask to resend your email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com so I can look into this issue.

Comment

When there are issues like this with Zen-Fire, it seems like the forum gets hit fairly indiscriminately as people post to both the Connecting and Version 7 Beta areas and often create what amount to duplicate posts describing the same issue. So it seems like NinjaTrader Customer Support could save yourselves some headaches in addition to doing us customers a great service if you could try to get out in front of these things.

I don't know what that should mean, and I leave it to you to figure it out. However, I would think you'd at least add a sticky post to the Connections folder alerting us to the problem. Beyond that, it sure seems that a data provider being unavailable for an unknown amount of time qualifies for a system message. (Why would you not want users alerted as soon as NinjaTrader starts up?) And lastly, these Zen-Fire outages are happening frequently enough that maybe you should be calling them every Thursday or Friday to see if anything is planned!

Comment

Hello MikeInMA,

Thank you for your note. I will forward this suggestion along to see about getting some type of alert in place.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes