stop strategy problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop strategy problem

setup is 2 contracts 1 profit target =8 ticks other 16 ticks with stop loss at 12 ticks. a stop strategy is set at profit trigger = 8 ticks plus = 1 tick. This set up should move the stop to entry + 1 tick when 1st profit target is reached. This works most of the time but I noticed that when doing a rerun that if the 1st target level is touched by the price bar but the contract is not sold/bought the stop is moved anyway. This is not what I expected as now you have 1 stop of 12 ticks and 1 at entry +1 tick. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
    I did find a work around by setting the profit trigger to 9 ticks thus being sure that the target is sold/bought. This does however move the stop 1 tick later than desired.
    Don

donho, can you please post a screenshot of the setting you're using for your ATM strategy?
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

gif of setup

I attached a gif of setup
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Don,

Thanks for providing that image.

Keep in mind that NinjaTrader ATM and Stop Strategies operate off of price values. Unfortunately, there's not a method by which to configure a strategy to make modifications only when a fill occurs. Rather, those stop strategies will make their modifications immediately upon the price being reached.

What you're looking for would be possible through a fully automated NinjaScript strategy, but custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes