Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT freezing when enabling strategies

Hi,

My platform is freezing when I try to enable my strategies on my live account (the platform does not freeze when enabling strategies on the replay connection). This may be related to another issue I was having last week. My strategies are coded to flatten positions and stop trading at 4:00PM EST automatically. Normally, if I enable the strategies after 4:00PM, they will turn green, but no positions will executed (and no strategy positions will be carried). However, last week after Labor Day, regardless of when I enabled the strategies, they would carry a virtual position and attempt to synchronize my account position to those virtual positions. I figured this might have somehow been caused by the shortened day of trading on Labor Day, so I decided to keep NT off until tonight. However, now my strategies won't even become enabled. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hello drkempus,

Can you please reboot your PC and try to enable only one strategy - does the freezing behavior persist?

If so, please proceed as follows. Reboot your PC and start NinjaTrader. Before you connect to your connectivity provider, please close all windows except the Control Center. Close any workspace that runs in the background as well.

Subsequently connect to your connectivity provider and enable a strategy. Check if the issue remains.

If so, can you please send me your latest log and trace files. You can find trace files at the following location.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5 or 7--> Log--> log.20100913 for today (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5 or 7--> Trace--> trace.20100913 for today (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately, the problem still remains. I've narrowed it down to a historical datafeed issue. Even without automated trading, my charts will simply not load historical data. I'm using a TT datafeed. I've tried restarting NT as well as deleting and re-creating my account connection. Perhaps this is a license key issue. Would it be possible for you to regenerate my key? Thanks.

Comment

Are you unable to load historical data at all when connected to Trading Technologies?

Please note that you can only load historical data using a live license key with Trading Technologies. Could it be your license key expired?

Could you please send me your license key at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
        0 responses