Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Bar Values & Alerts

Hi,

is it with NT 7 still not possible to have?

- Values plotted on horizontal line (or the values pane)

- setting a simple price alert on a chart (just by clicking and setting an alert at a certain price without using inconvinient stuff like the price alert indicator)

I'm trying NT 7 atm, but it seems that it still is not doable.
    These are really basic features...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello timokrates,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately these items have not implemented at this time within NinjaTrader 7. The main focus at this time is to make NinjaTrader 7 stable as well as work out any remaining bugs then we will look at implementing additional feature that have been requested by our users. I will however forward your note to our development team so they are aware of this request as well.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks.

In my case I have only one chart, but navigate between several instruments with the market analyzer window (linking this and the chart).

So if I only got one chart, I can only set one alert at a time using the indicator at the chart?
      Last edited by timokrates; 09-13-2010, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Can you please tell me what indicator you have applied that is triggering your alert or are you running a strategy in order to generate the alert?

Comment

I just applied the price alert indicator on the chart, because I want to set simple alerts at certain prices.
          In general the alert window shows the alert, which is nice, but the problem is that using only one chart with the indicator applied it seems that I can only set alerts for the current instrument (symbol) I chart at this moment.

So when I switch by clicking on another symbol on the MA, then the price alert is not active anymore.

True?

Comment

That is correct unfortunately the Price Alert indicator would be active for the instrument shown on the chart at that time and would not be attached to a specific instrument. For example if you set the Price Alert indicator within your ES 12-10 chart then switch the chart ot the TF 12-10 it would then be applied to the TF and would not be attached to the ES only.

Comment

Thanks Christopher,

I believe that you guys have a lot to do in regards to NT 7, but to make values possible on a horizontal line (or at the price pane, the way nearly all indicators have it) is a basic problem and should be not that hard. I mean, on the fib tool it's already there.

Even proper alarms (right click at a price, set an alarm) are basic stuff and in my opinion a must have! NT 7 definetely improved in comparision with older ones. I like the switching between timeframes by typing numbers - but to be honest, Sierra had this years ago and the other stuff I mentioned as well...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lorem
              by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes