Loading Data Problem after upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Data Problem after upgrade?

Hi again, I thought I might be back again. Just upgraded from v.16 to v.17 Zenfire doing their maintanence over the weekend delayed this question.

Loading chart data is soooo slow now. V.16 it was rapid. v.17 its like waiting for paint to dry, the "data loading window" is hanging around for ages, and every time I change from 5min or 15 min 6B to 6J or ES or any combination thereof it sits there taunting me, daring me to reboot and start again, oh and no I do not have the chart format set to 120 days data, only 15.

Question. Is this a hangover from the Zenfire weekend or does this sound familiar and the answer is somewhere here on the forum

Hello dee50,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please try repairing your database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

After the database has been repaired, let me know if you're still experiencing issues.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Mathew. Problem solved, seems it was a Zenfire hangover as things have returned to normal.

Comment

Hi Again Mathew. Spoke to soon. Tried to change my 60 min 6E to a 240min 6E Loading data window hung around like a teenager on a street corner. Only way I could get rid of it was to shut down NT via the task manager. Then I restarted NT and tried to repair the DB but NT encountered a problem and yearned to be shut down. Where do you want me to send the Log and Trace files??

Comment

Hello dee50,

Please attached the your trace and log files for today's date and email them to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with ATTN: Matthew in the subject line.

These files can be located under (My) Documents

1. Trace files are located in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\Trace\trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
          2. Log files are located in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\Log\log.YYYYMMDD.txt

The files for today should be labeled .20100913.txt. If you are using NinjaTrader 7, the files would be located under the same path, except you would use NinjaTrader 7 instead of 6.5
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

OK Seems NT hadn´t cleared itself from running processes. So I was able to repair DB, my 15 min & 30min 6E chart set on 15 days data have loaded, but my 60min 6E set on 120 days is still loading and the data loading box is still sitting in the corner of my screen, I´m going to go and have a smoke, it will still be there when I get back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Mindset