Type of limit orders place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type of limit orders place

When you buy BuyLimit('qqq', 500); what type of limit order is this?

What I'm wondering is if I place a buy limit order at 3:59 EST yesterday will the order still be good for tomorrow? So basically is this a good till cancel order?

Please check out your "Time in Force" property on the properties dialog for the strategy and you'll see.

Comment

thank you dierk

Comment

Dierk,

I'm not sure where this properties thing is? You talk about the strategy... I'm not using a Ninja Script strategy, my strategies are written in trade station

Comment

I ended up going to interactive brokers and and clicking their time inforce option. Now we're on the same page

Thanks!

Comment

I'm trying to use the following function to place an buy limit order. I have no errors when I compile.

int NTCommand(string command, string account, string action, int quantity, string orderType, double limitPrice, double stopPrice,
            string timeInForce, string oco, string orderId, string strategy, string strategyId)

Code:
             Attempted_Entry = true; OrderName = "LX1" + NumToSTr(CreateOrderName, 0);
               value2 =  NTCommand("PLACE", symbol, "buy", 25, "LIMIT", LimitPriceL, LimitPriceL,"GTC", "", "OrderName","", "");

[B][/B]

Comment

Sorry if I overlooked but I am unsure what your question is?
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Basically what I'm trying to do is place a GTC limit order. Normally I place a limit order by using this function

int NTBuyLimit(string orderId, int quantity, double limitPrice)
                value1 = NTBuyLimit("anorder", 1000, 100.25);

That function places day limit orders. I went to IB and changed the default setting "to always place GTC orders" The function still places day orders.

So I'll have to use the
                int NTCommand(string command, string account, string action, int quantity, string orderType, double limitPrice, double stopPrice,
                string timeInForce, string oco, string orderId, string strategy, string strategyId) function to place my Buy Limit GTC order.

I replaced the code "value1 = NTBuyLimit("anorder", 1000, 100.25);"
                with:
                " value2 = NTCommand("PLACE", symbol, "buy", 25, "LIMIT", LimitPriceL, LimitPriceL,"GTC", "", "OrderName","", "");

// symbol is a string, LimitPriceL is type double.
                // there is a spot for limitprice and stop price. I only want to use the limit
                // price, but I filled int he stop price anyway, hope that's okay
                The order is not being generated. Can you see an error in my function call?

Thanks

Comment

Looks fine to me, have you checked your log tab for any errors? Is Automated Trading Interface enabled via the "File" menu? Make sure you use unique orderId values.

Comment

Automated trading is enabled and I'm connected to IB.

9/17/2007 11:43OrderOrder='1163998991/Uxxxxx' Name='' New State=PendingCancel Instrument='AIG' Action=Sell Limit price=69.22 Stop price=0 Quantity=25 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error='
                    '9/17/2007 11:43OrderOrder='1163998990/Uxxxxx' Name='' New State=PendingCancel Instrument='AIG' Action=Buy Limit price=60.16 Stop price=0 Quantity=25 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''

Above is the following log when I use
                    value1 = NTBuyLimit(OrderName, NumShares, LimitPriceL);
                    value2 = NTSellLimit(OrderName, NumShares, LimitPriceS);

<<orders are placed correctly>>

9/17/2007 11:44ATIAT 'PLACE;Uxxxxx;AIG;sell;25;LIMIT;69.2076;69.2076;GT C;DUMMY;OrderName;D2;D3' processing
                    9/17/2007 11:44ATIAT PLACE;Uxxxxx;AIG;buy;25;LIMIT;60.1524;60.1524;GTC; DUMMY;OrderName;D2;D3' processing

Above is the following log when I use
                    value2 = NTCommand("PLACE", ACCOUNT_NUM, "buy", 25, "LIMIT", LimitPriceL, LimitPriceL,"GTC", "DUMMY", "OrderName","D2", "D3");
                    value2 = NTCommand("PLACE", ACCOUNT_NUM, "sell", 25, "LIMIT", LimitPriceS, LimitPriceS,"GTC", "DUMMY", "OrderName","D2", "D3");

This code not not place orders at all
                    however value2 is "0"
                    <<for all orders, a different order ID is created>>
                    Last edited by HelloHello; 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Several things -

- Use caps when passing in string params, should not be an issue though.

- OrderId values are not unique since the log output clearly shows "OrderName" as your id value as opposed to unique values.

- Do not pass in "DUMMY" as an OCO id, leave this blank. This should also be unique for each OCO pair should you want to use OCO orders.

Apart from that, I suggest using the OIF Builder accessible from Tools > Options, ATI tab. Create some OIF, have them process (through Sim101) account and see if it works. When you see that it does, take a look at the text to see exactly what you should be passing in.

Comment

Thanks Ray,

yeah order OrderName is the string... I was passing "OrderName", I'll take a look and try on the SIM 101 account

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post zstheorist  
                        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes