Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick data connection updates not working

Hi,
    I am using NT 7.20 on Windows 7 and have recently changed my data provider to kinetick from Barchart. I am running NT7 all week long and only rebooting at weekends, or when I am not in a trade.

I am finding that although the connection to kinetick is fine, market data for certain futures contracts will update for a while and then stop. For example, right now the prices of index futures contracts for Z 09-10, ES-09-10 have not updated since Friday - yet I am connected to kinetick.

Looking at the log (attached), there is an error message "Unable to load server side config file: The operation timed out." Could this be causing the problem?

The most frustrating thing is that apart from missing trades, if I reboot NT7 whilst I am long/short a market, the strategies reset to being 'flat' and don't exit the market even if I am still in a position. Is there a way to avoid this please?

Many thanks in advance,

David
    Last edited by dfarrell; 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM.

Hi David,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please send a note to support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    • A link to this forum thread.

• Your most current trace file. (Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.20100913.txt)

2.) Please use the 'Edit' button to remove the log file you posted with your last message as this file contains some items you would not want to be publicly available.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post elirion
    by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    0 responses