Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmanaged approach & FromEntrySignal

Hi,

I realize NinjaTrader doesn't tie orders together in any way when using the unmanaged approach but it appears that it does not store FromEntrySignal.

I put a signal name in the entry signal parameter in Submit order but when I do a Print at a later point it is empy. Is that the correct behavior?

Short of being able to use that, what would happen if I put a value in OCO in only one entry order? My thought is that I want to tie orders together via something that I get in OnExecution, etc.

If I cannot use either of those two fields, is there any other value I can use? I am trying to tie a pair of OCO exit orders to the original entry order.

Thanks in advance

Scott
    Last edited by ScottB; 09-13-2010, 07:49 PM.

Hi Scott, correct - there's no signal tracking by NT in this mode, you can supply a signal name but this is just for display purposes and for the BarsSinceEntry / Exit methods going by signal name.

You would need to provide the tieing in your code, if the entry IOrder reports filled you can SubmitOrder() the exit bracket linked via a custom OCO Id.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertand, thanks for the reply. I am doing what you suggested but need a way to tie everything together based on something in the IOrder.

I found an old post about this and it appears the guy is putting a value (he used the instrument and Time[0] which was causing him problems occasionally) in signal when submitting the order and retrieving that string in OnExecution but I am getting an empty string.

I have order sets as opposed to individual orders so there is a base value that every order in the set needs and then subdivisions within that. This is not for backtesting or anything but I need it to be persistent.

Is there a way to put a value in either signalName or OCO when submitting an entry order such that the information is available in OnExecution?

Thanks
      Scott

Comment

Scott, just tried on my end here in a unmanaged strategy and I can access / print the OCO string property from the IOrder object passed through OnExecution(). Can you perhaps share the code that does not work as you would expect?

Comment

Bertrand,

It isn't the OCO string, I am using the signalName in SubmitOrder and expecting to get it in OnExecution, OnOrderUpdate, etc. via IOrder.FromSignalName. I also thought IOrder.FromEntryOrder would be persistent through the life of the entry order.

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

For the entry signal name itself, you would need to work with the entryOrder.Name property, this works here for me as well going unmanaged.

Comment

As always, you guys know your stuff; that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Scott

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post cls71
              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM