Waking up NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waking up NT

Am in the US and I have several strategies that I set up each evening to start trading during the open of the European markets when I’m asleep. Reasonably frequently, the strategies fail to execute and it appears as if Ninjatrader is asleep. When I go to the screen and move the mouse then data starts to become active in the charts/DOM. I’ve done many things such as set up the contracts I trade to 24/7, have verified in the logs that there are no disruptions to data feed, monitors/power is kept on without any power management settings set up. Can’t imagine I’m the only one who has hit this issue so curious what others have done. This sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't is killing me.

thanks in advance for any thoughts/insight.

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

The best thing to do is next time this is to occur to send a note into support at NinjaTrader dot com and attach your trace and log files and the name of the strategy that did not run so that we may look under the hood to see what may have occurred. Be sure to send the right days for the days this occurred.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email.
    Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100914 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100914 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Hi Brett-

I've been down that path and unfortunately, nothing was identified. I was hoping there may be some other non-conventional approaches other users may have come up with. For example, other ways to simulate user activity and keep the system alive and healthy.

Comment

Hello,

Just for my reference what was the last ticket number you had on this? Would like to make sure that everything has been done if there is anything else that needs looking into. Have you tested with NinjaTrader 7 as there are many changes in NinjaTrader 7 that is due to be released soon and is the later stages of beta testing.

I will leave this post open for other users to respond to as well.

Comment

Hi Brett-

I don't have a ticket number though this occurred again last night. Account connection seemed fine though no data was streaming. Internet connection was fine. Within DOM, there were no changing quotes. Then I selected a different instrument in the DOM and that seemed to wake up the system and live market quotes were again flowing.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello,

Are you connected to DTN/IQFeed by any chance?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
            20 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Mizzouman1