Error trying to remove indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error trying to remove indicator

When I try to remove the old indicator I got an error "There is a file which references an indicator contained in this assembly. You must remove this dependency before removing the assembly", do you know how to correct this error?

Please help!

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your post.

This error message basically means that the indicator can not be removed because other indicators reference its coding. We need to determine the dependency and then remove that prior to removing this indicator.

Can you please let me know which indicator you are trying to remove.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is an indicator I developed and looks for CCI divergencies...

Comment

Do I need to remove the CCI indicator before I remove MY indicator?

Comment

Hi Alan,

If you go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator. From that folder please remove the .cs file for the indicator you would like remove.

Once you remove it from that folder please go to Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicators. Double-click to open the ADL indicator and then within the ensuing programming window please right click and compile to see if there are any programming errors.

If so please let me know which indicators are listed as the cause of the errors.

Comment

The indicator ADL was succesfully compiled, no errors. What is next?

Comment

Hi Alan,

If the ADL indicator compiled successfully, and you removed your indicator from the folder previously mentioned then you have removed that indicator from NinjaTrader and there is nothing else you need to do.

Comment

Hello Ryan, I removed the CS file and compile the indicator you told me, but still when I go to the utility to reove NinjaScript Assembly got the same message: "There is a file which references an indicator contained in this assembly. You must remove this dependency before removing the assembly", NT does not let me remove the old version of my indicator, is there a way to remove it manually?

Comment

Hi Alan,

To remove the indicator then you will want to know which files are referenced in that assembly.

The assembly should be located in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->Custom folder. In the list of .dll files you should see your NinjaScript assembly, which you can remove from there.

Following that you will want to recompile the indicators to see if there are any messages that occur because removing that file.

If that does not work can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that I can work with you remotely regarding this particular issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                  Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view