Change default session template v7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change default session template v7

Where can I change the default for the Session Template?. I have gone into Instrument Manager and changed the contract to Default 24/5, but every time I start a new chart it defaults to instrument time... Want it to default to 24/5.
    Attached Files

gg80108,

Thank you for your post.

You can define a new default session template for an instrument within the Instrument Manager:
    • From the Control Center, click Tools > Instrument Manager.
    • In the Instrument Manager, select the instrument you wish to define a new default template for from the list on the right, then click Edit to open an instrument editor.
    • In the Editor, set the Session Template you would like to use by default with this instrument, then click OK.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Think thats what I already tried.. Here is my instrument manager and this is what comes up when I create a new chart..
      Attached Files

Comment

gg80108,

The '<Use Instrument Settings>' value will use the template you put in place in the Instrument Editor.

Based on your screen shots, this should be the 'Default 24/7'.

Comment

But still doesn't work ..

Comment

gg80108,

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that it is as if another session template is in place?

If so, are you speaking in terms of existing charts (those created before the instrument's session template change) or new charts?

Comment

My expectations I guess were wrong,,, I was expecting when I created a new chart that the session template area should of changed from the default (use instrument settings) to what it was set for in the instrument manager but it doesn't,, so appears to do nothing from looking at this screen... But guess it works ok..

Comment

gg80108,

Thanks for the clarification!

Despite changing the setting within the instrument editor, you'll always see the '<Use Instrument Settings>' template selected. This indicates only that the session template you set in the editor is in use, however.

For example, if I set the ES to use 'Default 24/7' as it's default session template within the instrument editor, then I open a new chart, I'll see '<Use Instrument Settings>' selected - but the instrument's settings call for the 'Default 24/7' template to be used.

Comment

Very helpful thread this one indeed! One question however, is there a way to edit the default chart settings, specifically the Value and Days to Load, I usually have to change these every time I open a chart up. Could not see anything in the editor to allow for this?

Thanks in advance!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skris View Post
                    Very helpful thread this one indeed! One question however, is there a way to edit the default chart settings, specifically the Value and Days to Load, I usually have to change these every time I open a chart up. Could not see anything in the editor to allow for this?

Thanks in advance!

Just worked out you have to right click and change to default settings when selected over the relevant variable, after selecting a new chart. Sorry, couldn't figure out how to delete this post.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, Yesterday, 10:29 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
                    Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes