Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing sim orders to live data feed

Hello!

I have a connection to a zen-fire live data feed through Mirus Dorman. Even though my account is open, I've only asked for a demo account connection, since I first want to do backtesting.

I've also bought the license to use Ninja Trader in live mode.

The question is:

Can I use the live data feed (zen fire) from the demo account (Mirus Dorman) in order to place orders and do the backtesting against real data? (of course, without entering "live mode" on Ninja Trader, or placing real orders to my acount on Mirus).

Or do I only have the choice to place those orders on the simulation mode from Ninja Trader software?

Can you explain me how to configure the software in order to do it? (or send me to the appropiate section of the manual).

Sorry if it is a too obvious question, but I'm a novice who has just started.

Many thanks,
    Pere

Hi Pere,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is possible to use real-time data for simulated trading. Since you are using a demo connection through Mirus you will not have access to a live trading account, even though the license would enable you to select a live account.

The simulation account you will use is the included sim101 account, and if you wish to trade a simulation account other than the one that is included in NinjaTrader you will have to have a broker connection that includes a simulation account.

What you will wan to do is create the connection to Zen-Fire. Then once connected you can place trades in any of the order windows using real-time data and the NinjaTrader sim101 account.

You will want to make sure Global Simulation Mode is enabled so that your trades are of the simulated variety.

As for back-testing you can read more about the Strategy Analyzer at the link below.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much.

I will try to set all up with your guidance and the manuals.

Should I have any other question, I will leave it in this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post kujista
      by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
      1 response