Can't use any custom indicators after upgrading to NT6.5...17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't use any custom indicators after upgrading to NT6.5...17

After installation, I saw a message that indicators could not be compiled and to restart NT6.5 and recompile them… which I tried to do… I opened a standard indicator (@ADL)… and received the following errors… when I click the code area, I get no help whatsoever. I have no idea what these errors are from… At this point I'm SOL for trading unless I can revert back.

WHAT DO I DO TO RESOLVE THIS?

Saroj
    Attached Files

saroj, I just replied to your note sent to support directly.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, you wrote:
      "You miss those reference DLL's, please right click in the code > References > Add and add back the needed DLL's to the upcoming list of references from the Program Files installation folder of NT 6.5
      Then press F5 to recompile all scripts."

Here's the thing that doesn't make sense: I removed ALL custom indicators other than those preceded by
      "@"... those are supplied by NT, right? so they should not be referencing any .dll files that are not already included within NT, right? I get the same 2 errors.

What IS a Metafile file? I doubt it is anything I have any access to...
      What IS the NinjaTrader.Core.dll and where would I find it and once found, where would I put it?
      What IS the WilsonORMapper.dll and where would I find it and once found, where would I put it?

Also, did you happen to notice that there is NO NinjaScript File mentioned in either error message? given that, how would I know which file is causing the problem?

I'm stumped... hopefully you can help... still dead in the water.

Comment

Hi Saroj, can you please either reply here on the forums or via email? Thanks

The DLL's are needed for NinjaTrader's general operation and are not tied to any specific custom indicator error on your end - if you follow the steps in my email and add those back to your list of references you should be able to compile your custom scrips as well again.

Comment

Those 2 were already there....

I deleted them and added them again...

It would have been helpful if you had told me that it didn't matter WHICH cs file I used to take this action... I thought in your first reply, you were saying there was a particular file that was missing them.

I would also have appreciated your telling me that they might already be there but not be correct and would have to be removed and re-added...

I have a successful compile now... thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Saroj, great to hear you're back up and running well, correct in some cases a fresh readd resolves the issue you ran into here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes